PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lift gate & phone system???

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 03:37 PM
Default lift gate & phone system???

I just purchased an '04 H2. the dealer didn't know anything about it and I need help. the lift gate in the rear only goes up a little bit, I'm 5'1" and I have to push it all the way up so I don't hit my head. Is it supposed to go all the way up on it's own? also I noticed a speaker and a mic on the drivers side is that for a phone? if so where do I get info on that? And on the headliner near the sunroof controls there is a signle light button that turns red when pushed, no one knows what it is for, any ideas????

thanks for any help,
Annette

Old 02-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Default RE: lift gate & phone system???

The lift gate should go all the way up by itself, sounds like the gas shocks that help raise and hold it up are week.

I have a 03 H2 with the same speaker and mike in the headliner above the drivers head, I asked what they were and the dealer told me that one was not a mike but a temp sensor for the climate control and that he was going to have to find out for me what the other thing is. I know that the mike for the onstar is located in the overhead console in front of the sunroof switch, the speakers for the onstar use the stereo speakers.

Your switch might be for a set of off road lights that were on the H2 before you bought it. I just installed a set on the grill guard and had to drill a hole in the edge of my overhead console to mount the switch. It's square with a white diagram of a light and little orange or red light that illuminates when turned on.

I hope this helps a little.
DWP99