PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

License Plate Housing Light

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Default License Plate Housing Light

Does anyone know if there is a wire for the license plate bracket on the H2 06 and 07's in the tailgate.I would like to remove the spare tire carrier and install a new license plate housing on my 06. I could probably just splice into the running lights on top of the tailgate in need be. Thank you in advance for your knowledge. Tom

Old 03-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Default RE: License Plate Housing Light

is there a license plate bracket on the tailgate? if there is, there are probably lights in it. i don't know if the new H2's all come with rear tire carriers or not, but the older ones all had everything in the tailgate as well.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:01 PM

The newer ones have the HUMMER tailgate WITHOUT the lights. I was going to buy one, then I noticed there were no license lights OR holes to screw in the plate![:@]

I think you may have to buy the older license pocket. I see them on eBay most of the time

Old 03-08-2007, 09:50 PM

HummBob you are correct, you do need to buy the older style unit. What I was wondering is if the wire harness inside the tailgate has a lead for the old style unit or will I have to splice a wire from another source. I think I'll try to buy a unit and cross that (wire)bridge when I get to it. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. Thanks for the replies. Tom

Old 03-08-2007, 10:18 PM

ORIGINAL: tjwheels

HummBob you are correct, you do need to buy the older style unit. What I was wondering is if the wire harness inside the tailgate has a lead for the old style unit or will I have to splice a wire from another source. I think I'll try to buy a unit and cross that (wire)bridge when I get to it. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. Thanks for the replies. Tom
Sorry Tom, Technical stuff is WAY OUT OF MY LEAGUE!!!

Old 03-08-2007, 10:24 PM

i doubt the harness has changed much, if at all. but if it did, you could tap into the power for the market lights on top of the tailgate.

Old 03-17-2007, 01:23 PM

There is no wiring harness for license plate lights on 07. I bough an 03 license plate pocket for rear hatch, removed the cover inside and spliced into the lights on top of the hatch. Took about an hour. You could get real slick and order an 03 wiring harness (just the piece for the rear hatch) it plugs into the existing wiring harness near the third brake light but you will have to remove the headliner to get to the plug.

Old 03-17-2007, 06:25 PM

User - thanks for the confirmation (and thanks to everyone else) for the harness info. I probably will splice it into the running lights up top. The more I look at this change the more I see needs to be done. The bumper cover will need to be replaced to eliminate the harness hole next to the letter R. And I thought customizing the Harley was pricy.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:05 PM

Has anyone seen this? Looks not too bad.
http://www.gstyle4u.com/.sc/ms/bdd/e...20%26%20SUT%20

Old 03-27-2007, 12:57 AM

ORIGINAL: VPRKLR

Has anyone seen this? Looks not too bad.
http://www.gstyle4u.com/.sc/ms/bdd/e...20%26%20SUT%20
I have been thinking about that since I got the H2.

Quick Reply: License Plate Housing Light