PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

leveling kits tires and factory warranties

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Default leveling kits tires and factory warranties

I have been looking at a lot of these threads but no one has mentioned if 33's or 35's rub when you turn lock to lock. I want to put 33's on my new H3 but want zero problems! Will a leveling kit/33's void my power train warranty, it's an 2008 should I just stick with a 285 x 75.
Can anyone recomend a goodlooking brush gaurd/reasonable price/ one piece. Best bush for your buck!
And whats the what-what on warranties and performance chips(recomend?)
Thanks as you can tell, I have a new toy, and can't wait til the novelty wears off, (It's cheaper that way!)

Old 05-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Default RE: leveling kits tires and factory warranties

Found out from GM service that leveling kits wont void the warranty(as long as they install the 200 kit for a mere 500.00, big suprise!)
the Biggest tires you can go without f*##^%ing up your computer readings, wich the dealer/warranty fellows really frown upon are 285 75x16 (basically 33's) Not as big as I would like to go but I like having a warranty a lot more! Especially since this is my first brand new vehicle that i don't have to wrench on myself. ( I have enough of those problem-jects.)[:@]

Old 05-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

Your dealership....stealership... doesn't get to decide what is warranty, and what is not. [&o] That come from GM, and you DO NOT need a "leveling kit". You can do it in minutes with a 1 1/16" socket or wrench. Torsion lift - Pics and How To

Search and you shall find.One of the best Front Leveling/Shocks & 35" Tire/Wheel FAQ; RE: How much can I lift the H3 without...;
RE: Asking advice on H3 leveling kit (Please); RE: Leveling kit VS. Torsion bar adjustment; Leveling Kits - Can Anyone Explain Their Value?;
RE: Readylift or Truxxx Lift Leveling Kit? Ready to buy
;
RE: Front End Lift Followup; RE: Shocks

Welcome to the forums.

I have the 33 Deulers [&o]and they don't even come close to rubbing.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:55 PM

Thanks for the info, This stuff is worth a million bucks, "Thank god for the internet"!

Old 05-16-2008, 07:33 PM
tzh

I will keep this ~

Old 05-16-2008, 10:13 PM

Doc is right (as usual), I'm running 33' BFG A/T's with just the Torsion Bar level and don't rub at all.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

Your dealership....stealership... doesn't get to decide what is warranty, and what is not. [&o] That come from GM, and you DO NOT need a "leveling kit". You can do it in minutes with a 1 1/16" socket or wrench. Torsion lift - Pics and How To

Search and you shall find.One of the best Front Leveling/Shocks & 35" Tire/Wheel FAQ; RE: How much can I lift the H3 without...;
RE: Asking advice on H3 leveling kit (Please); RE: Leveling kit VS. Torsion bar adjustment; Leveling Kits - Can Anyone Explain Their Value?;
RE: Readylift or Truxxx Lift Leveling Kit? Ready to buy
;
RE: Front End Lift Followup; RE: Shocks

Welcome to the forums.

I have the 33 Deulers [&o]and they don't even come close to rubbing.
Doc, do you have this post on some sort of speed-dial, or speed post? It's a great post but for some reason you just have to keep posting over and over and over in different threads Hmm.