PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

le steps

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 04:53 PM
Default le steps

ok, for a year now i have been looking for a full set of le steps for my 06 h2.
i changed out the rocker panels about 6 months ago so that when i did find the steps.
i finaly found and bought them. all 4 of them in 1 shot.
i like them because the nerf bar style bars to me lowers the highth profile.
what is it with these steps a side from them being limited edition that makes them in high demand.
just asking for you thoughts????????

Old 10-31-2013, 04:57 PM

Mine is also a LE while I have no plans to change them I think the other style is much better in looks and function.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:07 PM
Default LE steps

That's exactly the point..........they were for only limited edition models. They want to raise the price on them because they were LE steps.

I had a complete set as well before I went to the power step. They were nice but just didn't do it for me so I sold them.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:25 PM

i can understand people going with the nerf bar for looks, but what is the problems with the function?do they not stick out far enough?

Old 10-31-2013, 05:26 PM

LE's are Limited Edition however the factory offroad U-steps are pulling in a lot more money than the LE's.

I've seen LE's all over the place for sale including the rockers for half the price or less than a full set of 4 U-steps.

I personally don't care for the look, too escalade and fancy. U's are more utility looking and offroad.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:32 PM

i thought about the usteps. just looked to hang down to low for me

Old 10-31-2013, 05:33 PM

They're quick release with pins and one ****. Unscrew the **** and you pop the steps right off for hitting the trails.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:38 PM
Default steps

to me....its just more of a personal taste issue.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:42 PM

maybe i will have to save more pennies and try to buy them too. see wich ones i like the best. may take another year before i can save up for them.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by frankieboy
i can understand people going with the nerf bar for looks, but what is the problems with the function?do they not stick out far enough?
Mine comes with the LE steps .. I replaced for those big Aries , Im very happy with the look and yes they are functionally , My wife who rides most the truck said these are much better for a woman or kids .
However if you are planning to do Offroad then may want to keep the LE

I made a mistake when I sold mine ... Should have keep it just in case or just to sell it after a few more years when they became harder to find ... BTW if I remember the buyer was a member of this forum ...

Quick Reply: le steps