PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Last summers' high oil prices explained

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 09:35 PM
Default Last summers' high oil prices explained

So I thought I'd post this up. Not directly Hummer related,..but it helpedreduce Hummer as a viable brand, soI guess it's welcome here.

The question is,... why the huge spike in oil prices and thenthe huge fall? Oil demand didn'tdouble in a years' time,(or go up at all really),... and more recently, it didn't go down by75%.

This 60 min documentry seems to explain it,...and also give reason to believe gas prices won't be going upa bunchin the near future.

Too bad the damage seems to be done.

http://www.wimp.com/bigdeal/

Old 01-25-2009, 10:49 AM
Default RE: Last summers' high oil prices explained

I'll probably watch the video when I get a chance, but I wanted to point out that, if not for the huge run up in oil prices, I probably never would have even considered a Hummer. The incentives that were offered on these beasts made the H3 the least expensive 4WD SUV on the market, by quite a wide margin. A similarly equipped Chevy Trailblazer, for example, was around $3,000 more, with only marginally better EPA numbers, and completely devoid of the H3's 'cool' factor, IMO. So, from a totally selfish perspective, $4 gas was a good thing, indeed

Old 01-25-2009, 08:28 PM

I totally agree with mikehartigan...if not for the huge jump in prices...there is no way i would have been able to get my hummer...such a huge discount was taken off the thing. People are still like daaaymm you got a hummer...Im like yup sure did!

Old 01-25-2009, 09:12 PM

ORIGINAL: VXN99

I totally agree with mikehartigan...if not for the huge jump in prices...there is no way i would have been able to get my hummer...such a huge discount was taken off the thing. People are still like daaaymm you got a hummer...Im like yup sure did!

LOL........Nice Signature.......