PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Labor Day Weekend at Rausch Creek - Tremont PA

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 08:29 PM

Funny, I heard the same thing. Too bad I am the same way. I guess they will just have to deal with it.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:50 PM

Nah, you and your Pops are fun to wheel with AND hang out with! I put you guys on the backside of The Lodge so the little man does not hear us late night. Hope that's OK!

Old 08-10-2011, 09:00 PM

That's cool, Thanks for being considerate of him! He will sleep through absolutely everything. He fell asleep in my truck the previous April and he was bouncing his head off the window and still slept! As long as he has his blanket, he is set for the night. As long as one of us can keep an eye on him at night. Usually my father will be the one watching him at night. He is a lazy person now that he just retired. All he wants to do is sleep.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mr. Fancy Pants
I'm thinking about coming but what is the difficulty level of the trails?
In the other thread they said they were running green and blue trails or easy and intermediate trails. Should be some good trails for a newcomer and these guys will help you through anything you aren't comfortable with.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

I just said that I was running blues and greens to scare Hans.... he has enough trouble in a paved parking lot...

Old 08-11-2011, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Nah, you and your Pops are fun to wheel with AND hang out with! I put you guys on the backside of The Lodge so the little man does not hear us late night. Hope that's OK!
Will the little guy go home without a black eye this time ?

Old 08-11-2011, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Fancy Pants
I'm thinking about coming but what is the difficulty level of the trails?

The trails at RC are pretty cool. There are a lot of obstacle along the easier trails that you can tackle if you want.

And it's pretty easy to break off a small contingent at a trail head, so part of the group can do some obstacles and the other part do some easier stuff. Then you can all join right back up after.

Basically, you shouln't even find yourself where you HAVE to do an obstacle that you don't think you can do or that your truck can't handle.

We'll all stay in communication and take our time. You don't need to worry about the trail out-classing your truck. (Unless of course, you really just want to get your self stuck somewhere for recovery practice! )

Old 08-11-2011, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Recovery21
Mostly everyone stays at the Hampton Inn also in Pine Grove. They love us there. The room is $79 a night but it is a great hotel with clean rooms. Just so you have a little thought if you haven't stayed there in the past.
For anyone that hasn't stayed at the Hampton before; In order to get the $79 rate, you have to ask for it ("Rausch Creek Rate") when booking your reservation or call up later to have it adjusted. If you book online, use Corporate Code 0002673038.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bunger
Will the little guy go home without a black eye this time ?
Thanks for brining that up, BUNGHOLE! If he does it won't be my fault.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:47 PM

Rod had called about the rate just the other day. He said it is now $99 a night for RC users...

Quick Reply: Labor Day Weekend at Rausch Creek - Tremont PA