Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Key Stuck (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/key-stuck-26887/)

bigdog100 02-06-2012 08:39 AM

Key Stuck

I read the post on this issue. I have charged the battery, cleaned terminals, tightened terminals, played round with shifter and still stuck. Any other suggestions?

Songman 02-06-2012 09:34 AM

Does your truck start? You might have to let it run and charge the battery a bit. Mine came out as soon as I put the booster cables on. Most GM vehicles have a manual key release these days. Some have a little removable 'hatch' to let you reach the button. I don't see one on the Hummer but there are only a couple of screws holding the bottom cover on. Others may know more about if the Hummer has this release button or not.

bigdog100 02-06-2012 10:44 AM

Ya truck starts, and I have driven it about 50 miles. I put on trickle charger for 12 hours and still wont release. I may try to find release button but have to take apart column.

bigdog100 02-06-2012 09:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got it apart and found this to be the problem, I disconected it and key came right out. Hope I do not need it.Attachment 4460

58Bisc 02-06-2012 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by bigdog100 (Post 271363)
I got it apart and found this to be the problem, I disconected it and key came right out. Hope I do not need it.Attachment 4460

Looks like the key buzzer, ah, chime...

bigdog100 02-07-2012 09:01 AM

no I took it apart and it has a small actuator in it and spring, must be the key lock

drtom 02-07-2012 01:22 PM

any more pics,close up.
id like to know about anything that can be tossed! kill a future problem huh

bigdog100 02-08-2012 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by drtom (Post 271416)
any more pics,close up.
id like to know about anything that can be tossed! kill a future problem huh

drtom, when you take the cowling off and look at IG you will see where this actuator plugs in. I just used a screw driver and popped it out and took off the harness and all is good so far, it is not throwing codes.

drtom 02-08-2012 11:55 AM

ok,yeah im gonna have a look,maybe see,feel what it does with key in/turn huh
later

too cold to mess outside but from your pix and the manual,it looks like you could pull the key
ANYTIME!, like when running? if so,my dream come true, just like the good old days.
almost key free!

drtom 02-09-2012 02:43 PM

it does,,,nothing??

i got mine out,nothing changes! it must just have an effect ,IF something unique is changed. you must have a key,door sw,?? acting up.
the only time mine is activated is when the door is open.it can be felt cliking when the key is turned on,ONCE with the door closed,always with door open.

question is,why did yours hold the key??,mine never does. is your device bad?or have you just bypassed another problem?

also nothing ever moves,it just allows the plunger to move in. it does not actually move it.

??? a mysterious part, called "ignition lock cylinder control actuator"

oh, no i cannot pull the key in run mode,drat.

WELL,finally i simulated a bad one or no voltage applied. i pulled the conn. yes it locked my key!!. so yours is not getting volts,or it is bad itself. now im trying to find the volt source.