PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Katzkin Leather Interior?? Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 08:50 AM
Default Katzkin Leather Interior?? Need Help

Hey... relatively new here...Looking for some help/advice here for the interior of my H2... I found a leather interior kit on ebay and curious what you all think about it and or if any of you have the kit installed in your vehicle. Looks like there is a lot of options and I am going to call the company at lunch about the kit.

Here is a link to the ebay Auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...5693%26fvi%3D1

The company is about 90 miles from me so I may see about just having them. Their website is http://www.promotiontuning.comand I willbe calling them today to see what the scope is. Just looking to see if any of you guys haveKatzkin?

Old 08-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Default RE: Katzkin Leather Interior?? Need Help

I was LOOKING at Katzkin when I re-did my interior.

Their products are NICE and relatively inexpensive, but the PROBLEM I ran into was that the heating elements on thefront seats of the H2 are actually WOVEN into the seat cover. Therefore, you have to buy an aftermarket Heat Seater(if you wanted one and being in CANADA, I Needed One)!!

The companies INCLUDING Katzkin that I contacted regarding seat heaters said that I COULD NOT USE THE OEM Heat Seater CONTROL(on the door), and I was VERY **** about using the OEM switch!!
I know.......****, but that's what I wanted soI actually bought the Ebony Seat Covers from GM so I could use the OEM SWITCH!!![8D][8D]

Old 08-02-2007, 08:08 AM

Thanks for the insight... I am not too worried about the button and the seat warmers thru Katzkin are only $187.50 for both front seats... Anything else you know about em?

Old 08-02-2007, 03:36 PM

I know a couple of guys who rent at one on my video stores that have them for their TUNERS[:@]and they say the quality is very good!!!

Old 08-02-2007, 04:36 PM

I've seen their leather/suade covers and they are NICE. Looks to be high quality materials too. The few folks I know who went that route swears by them.
I will tell you the seat heaters from Katzkin are nowhere near as good as the stock ones in the H2, my azz and lower back have first ..err ... hand experience with both and the verdict was as mentioned.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:34 PM

How much does this katzkin covers typically cost for an H3 jobbie?

Old 08-02-2007, 07:05 PM

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

I've seen their leather/suade covers and they are NICE. Looks to be high quality materials too. The few folks I know who went that route swears by them.
I will tell you the seat heaters from Katzkin are nowhere near as good as the stock ones in the H2, my azz and lower back have first ..err ... hand experience with both and the verdict was as mentioned.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:52 PM

ORIGINAL: ockie

How much does this katzkin covers typically cost for an H3 jobbie?
I have NO clue but I believe you can get price information from their site :-) When I looked at having it done on my Avalanche I was looking at approx 2 grand for front and back but that was black leather with black suade inserts, piping, perforated, heat and cold ... My bet would be between $1,000 $1,400 for the H3 but don't hold me to that.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:32 AM

The company I am talking to is charging $577.50 + Options and Install

http://www.promotiontuning.com/Merch...tzkinAMGeneral

There is a link to the H3

Old 08-11-2007, 12:31 AM

My fiance' has Katzkin's in her Mini Cooper S. They are very high quality pieces. The dealer uses them for any upgrade on Minis, prefering them to BMW leather.

Quick Reply: Katzkin Leather Interior?? Need Help