PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought a 2006 H2 Hummer , got a quick question

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 08:13 PM
Default Just bought a 2006 H2 Hummer , got a quick question

I bought a fully loaded ( black on black ) H2 hummer today
Bought it for 25, 000 with 40,000 miles driven
I have a quick question.

For the navigation , i have to put in a disc so i can use it , but then i cant put a mp3 disc in it.
Is there anyway i can both have my navigation on , and listening to my audio cd?

- Thank you

Old 12-25-2009, 05:44 PM

Not that I know of. Mine is the same way. That is why I pay for XM.

Old 12-25-2009, 08:54 PM

Phil is right. It only has one drive. It can only read one disc at a time.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:49 PM

I have a 2005 and what is done to mine is the onstar is moved up to the overhead console and a factory 6 disc changer was put in its place so i never have to pull the nav disc out and the cd changer works flawless with the factory nav system.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Default navigation

I just bought 2006 h2 it american truck and I am in canada so how can I set the navigation to canada on the disc its mention united states and canada some one can help me with that I don't have the navigation manual

thanks

Old 03-18-2010, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by E T H
I just bought 2006 h2 it american truck and I am in canada so how can I set the navigation to canada on the disc its mention united states and canada some one can help me with that I don't have the navigation manual

thanks
When the nav screen is up (not radio stations), press the DES (Destination) button on the lower left of the screen. Once it goes to the first screen in Destination, you should see the map of North America on the right hand side. There will be a number shown (i.e. 6 for US North East).

Hit the change button and then the next screen will show all of the North America regions with a specific number. Canada is all one region and is #8.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:03 PM

I did the change but nothing I thing is the disc may be its an old one what do you thing

Old 03-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Default Nav disc

If it makes you feel better I have a burnt cd stuck in my drive so I can't even get my nav disk in there. lol

CB
www.wartires.com

Old 03-18-2010, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by h2_32137
If it makes you feel better I have a burnt cd stuck in my drive so I can't even get my nav disk in there. lol

CB
www.wartires.com
From what I remember there is a firmware problem that can be fixed, unless your stuck CD is due to a self adhesive label. A GM dealer can upload the new firmware.

Old 03-19-2010, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by E T H
I did the change but nothing I thing is the disc may be its an old one what do you thing
If you are seeing streets on the nav screen then it is likely working correctly. When you change the region number it should show 8 instead of the previous region. If you are not seeing any street then the disc is likely damaged. Selecting the appropriate region gives you more side streets for the local area. Even with the wrong region, you should have the major highway roads showing on the screen.

Go to www.gmnavdisc.com to check the current version. When I first bought my H2, the disc was gone. I had an older disc from my previous GMC Denali but all of the functionality was not working correctly. The dealer told me it was a disc problem that was the owners responsibility.

You can find older disc or pirate disc on ebay but I would not recommend either. If you buy from gm, you know it's not damaged and if it does not work, then you have some leverage to get any warrenty work done (mine is under a extended warrenty).

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Just bought a 2006 H2 Hummer , got a quick question