Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Interior air flter. Does it exist on H2? Who knows anything? (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/interior-air-flter-does-exist-h2-who-knows-anything-13765/)

Damienh 11-11-2008 08:36 AM

Interior air flter. Does it exist on H2? Who knows anything?

Hi ladies & gentlemen!
Have such a question. I heard a complain from one man that once he turned on warming vent on full power and got the effect of vacuum cleaner when U make the dust getting out (I mean all dust which he had inside vent pipes were inside). And we have a discussion if there is a filter (on H2-s at all) for vent system not to let dust from outer space get inside. Found some fotos where it must be installed and found out that sometimes it's however installed in the place under the glove box (Have fotos). I don't know exactly about the H2 before 2008 year, but the newest has an option "outside air" (on the picture from manual it has a such appearance). Is this filter connected somehow with this option?

[IMG]local://upfiles/5218/EB1046F7A88C416990505A40526B3D3D.jpg[/IMG]

calif phil 11-12-2008 08:44 AM

RE: Interior air flter. Does it exist on H2? Who knows anything?

I think some have an inside cabin air filter but my 03 does not have one.

Damienh 11-14-2008 11:27 AM

Thanks for response, Calif Phil.
But I'd like to overhaul this question completely. Perhaps here are some dealers, sellers or representatives of HUMMER and one can explain the question asked. What is the option "outside air"? Becuae I've not found any alike.

hummerfamily 12-02-2008 06:44 AM

I'm not sure, My 03 does not have one that I know of.

madmike 03-29-2010 12:10 PM

cabin air filter

Yes this is stumping me also. Was looking through a catalog at a auto parts store for a oil fiter. Cross referenced a cabin air filter. Hmm. So I bought the cabin air filter thinking it would be a easy fix. I cant seem to find where this thing goes. 03 hummer. Anyone have a clue???

calif phil 03-29-2010 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by madmike (Post 220784)
Yes this is stumping me also. Was looking through a catalog at a auto parts store for a oil fiter. Cross referenced a cabin air filter. Hmm. So I bought the cabin air filter thinking it would be a easy fix. I cant seem to find where this thing goes. 03 hummer. Anyone have a clue???

If you have one it's inside the car under the glovebox. It stands vertical.

hellzarmy 03-29-2010 01:04 PM

iirc, only a few of the 03 models had the cabin airfilter. you can find it located under the glovebox, towards the back. you dont need to open the glovebox to access it. it really is under the glove box, and towards the back. you will see some black plstic housings there. there is some pics floating around this site, or other Hummer sites that have addressed this issue, and how to verify, and exact location of where this filter is.

everything after those inital models, did not have the cabin filter.

onetexasoldman 06-28-2010 05:50 PM

I have an 05 auto parts shows one. Took glove box out and also under plastic. Can see where a filter may go but would have to take the whole air system out. NO clips to just undo. We live on a dirt road and I am sure it needs it being 80k miles now

No more Jeeps 06-28-2010 09:12 PM

I asked the Hummer dealer for my 07 at 50,000k. They said no in cabin air filter.

TBarrow 06-28-2010 11:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
To answer the question that I know. The early production run of the 2003 Hummers had cabin filters. They were phased out with the underhood lights, hood prop rod, and tan drivers airbag, among other items.

The filter is located under the door with the yellow hash mark on it in the first picture. It has 2 7mm screws and the door drops down to expose the filter. I included the other 2 pictures as a refference why GM would seal a system when mine was this dirty in 1 year.