PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing DVD headrests

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 09:42 AM
Default Installing DVD headrests

I was wanting to buy a DVD headrest kit for my 08 H3, I see some used units on ebay and was wondering if anyone here knew how the install process would be. Is there factory wiring already under the seat, and it would just be a plug and play?

Old 05-30-2010, 03:15 PM

Go for it...I did.
It is plug and play. I just picked up a hot and ground from under my drivers seat.
The hardest part for me was that mine never came with the headrests so I had to carve out the foam on my own headrests. It came out real sweet though !
Good luck.

Old 05-31-2010, 12:50 AM

@ ukpaul ....But most of those DVD Headrest sold at EBay have different pole diameters, would it still fit in H3? I also plan to purchase

a pair. Which one did you purchased, I mean which EBay seller?

Thank you Paul...

Old 05-31-2010, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by RaYoSeKiZ
@ ukpaul ....But most of those DVD Headrest sold at EBay have different pole diameters, would it still fit in H3? I also plan to purchase

a pair. Which one did you purchased, I mean which EBay seller?

Thank you Paul...
Your right. When mine turned up the headrest must of been for a different model GM car. I had previously bought a 2nd pair of cashmere headrests from ebay for $30 knowing that in the near future I would get some tv's. What I did then was cut the back of the headrests and pull away at the foam. Eventually I got them done and although I say so myself, they have come out really good. Only one small problem is that the wires cannot go down through center of the poles. I just keep headrests fully down so you don't see wire anyway.
I'm very 'picky' but this little compromise doesn't bother me one bit !
Paul

Old 05-31-2010, 09:45 AM

[quote=ukpaul;224537]Your right. When mine turned up the headrest must of been for a different model GM car. I had previously bought a 2nd pair of cashmere headrests from ebay for $30 knowing that in the near future I would get some tv's. What I did then was cut the back of the headrests and pull away at the foam. Eventually I got them done and although I say so myself, they have come out really good. Only one small problem is that the wires cannot go down through center of the poles. I just keep headrests fully down so you don't see wire anyway.
Paul[/quot

Thanks for your reply Paul. 'Neweys, what do you mean the wire cannot go down thru the center of the pole? Why? is the wire big enough that it cannot pass thru the hole of the pole? Just curious... because far as I know those poles can be unscew down so you can insert the wire down, am I right or I pobably misunderstood what your sayin...Thanks budz!

Old 05-31-2010, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by ukpaul
Your right. When mine turned up the headrest must of been for a different model GM car. I had previously bought a 2nd pair of cashmere headrests from ebay for $30 knowing that in the near future I would get some tv's. What I did then was cut the back of the headrests and pull away at the foam. Eventually I got them done and although I say so myself, they have come out really good. Only one small problem is that the wires cannot go down through center of the poles. I just keep headrests fully down so you don't see wire anyway.
Paul

Thanks for your reply Paul. 'Neweys, what do you mean the wire cannot go down thru the center of the pole? Why? is the wire big enough that it cannot pass thru the hole of the pole? Just curious... because far as I know those poles can be unscew down so you can insert the wire down, am I right or I pobably misunderstood what your sayin...Thanks budz!

Old 05-31-2010, 05:45 PM

The poles to the headrests are solid unless you get the headrests that are intended for having tv's installed !

Old 05-31-2010, 06:22 PM

Got yah...Thanks

Old 06-05-2010, 08:38 PM

I just won a pair of DVD headrests removed from a 2008 H3 on ebay. I have not received them yet. I will let everyone know how the install goes.

Old 06-05-2010, 09:46 PM

Good price ??

Quick Reply: Installing DVD headrests