PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Installed the MagnaDrone catback!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 04:49 PM
Default RE: Installed the MagnaDrone catback!

Hi Mark...

Yes, they gave me the tire cover..But that was after the first little snaffu I had with them selling me a used H3, but as you know they took it back and gave me a brand new one with the tire cover included....I also removed their stick on decals they had on the back door too....

Old 06-05-2006, 11:46 PM

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

ORIGINAL: Linus Gump

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

ORIGINAL: chefred112

...I lik what you did in removing the dealer logo...wil have to do that. Yes, the tips were welded on too... yea, this is somethin my exhaust shop did...I don't tend to look for the vehicle specific muffer, I asked Scott (Minute Muffler...who has done all my muffler installs) to do what he knows best and he has never failed me. i walked in with my H3 and said i want to do dual chrome tips with a more performance orientated muffler. I was pleasantly surprised to see a magnaflow muffler where my old one use to be...

If you mess up taking that off you spare tire cover here a place that sell them saying HUMMER H3

H3 32-inch Rigid Face Spare Tire Cover #BOORTCH3-32
For H3's not equipped with off-road adventure package or with 32 inch tires.

Add to cart Price: $ 99.00

H3 33-inch Rigid Face Spare Tire Cover #BOORTCH3-33
For H3's equipped with off-road adventure package or 33 inch tires.

Add to cart Price: $ 109.00

http://www.h2parts.com/

[IMG]local://upfiles/111/0B885CA2B9024338B3822FAE17D37166.jpg[/IMG]
This is good to know. I wanted to take my dealer logo and the HUMMER H3 off of mine and paint it green to match the body color with a big H3 in the natural black in the middle, but I didn't know how without ruining the texture. Thanks for the tip on how to remove the logo, and where to get a new one if I screw it up.
I was think the same thing painting the same color good idea instead i bought one .Bad idea it would been cheaper to paint the original then that big bulky one i have. I seen it done it looks good but you still see the black vinyl but that no big deal those fit like a glove not like mine.
I was just thinking of painting the hard plastic part and leaving the black vinyl part black. With a forrest green vehicle with black trim, I think it will match really well.

Old 06-06-2006, 12:34 AM

I think that is a great Idea Linus..I was contemplating doing the samething with mine, but since I have the Boulder Gray and the lettering is about the same color...I'd have to back paint the lettering Black for the contrast...Or just paint the whole damn thing Boulder Gray without the lettering..But I like the BIG word HUMMER in your face kinda thing for the guy behind me trying to sniff my exhaust pipes.[sm=crossbonesgif.gif]

Old 06-06-2006, 04:15 PM

If I ever get off my lazy duff and get to doing it, I'll take pics and post them. Actually what will probably happen is I'll drop it off at a body shop and let them do it.