PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Infamous GM meeting... closure?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Default The Infamous GM meeting... closure?

The local GM rep wants to meet with me regarding the issues I've incurred with our 5 month old 07 H3 (all service and service personnel related) ... something about lemon law and the opportunity for GM to do a buy back. Does anyone have experience out there regarding a GM buyback? Are there things I should know going into this meeting ie. pitfalls, things to consider etc
Any advice/suggestions would be nice so I can feel prepared on any offers by GM and the local Hummer Dealership.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:23 PM
Default RE: GM wants to meet w/ me!

Since you now have their attention, my advice would be this...

DEMAND AN ALPHA! [sm=lildevil.gif]

Old 12-10-2007, 09:05 PM

Pay close attention to everything they say and get it in writing. Remember they are looking after GM's best interest more than yours. If they buy your H3 back you wont all money back and one hell of sweet deal on the next. just my 2 cents. I know there are several lawyers on here hopefully they will chime in and help you with this

Good luck !
and of course demand a ALPHA!!

Old 12-10-2007, 10:21 PM

Stick to your guns. It's unlikely that the first offer is the one you want or the one they expect you to take, but they gotta ask. It wasn't GM but I had a friend go through lemon law negotiations and he got cash - and not a new car offer. For him, though, he had less issues than you've had and he really wanted to keep his jeep. Keep your eye on your goal, whatever you decide that is. [/align]

Old 12-10-2007, 10:24 PM

Yeah....Make sure EVERYTHING THEY SAY is IN WRITING before you SIGN ANYTHING!!!!

And yeah....Get an H2 or an Alpha!!!

Old 12-10-2007, 10:27 PM

here is what I would do and recommend for you to do...GO TO THE MEETING WITH AN ATTORNEY!!!! It may cost you a few bucks but the GM rep will know you mean business and that he can't get away with low-balling you if you are sitting next to representation

Old 12-11-2007, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator

Make sure everything is in writing. If you make them they will make it right for you.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:06 AM

A thieving lawyer may be a bit much to take with you but a pocket recorder isn't. Just ask "Do you mind if I tape this meeting?" and plop it down on the table. At that point they'll know you're prepared to do business. Make sure you record their consent or the whole thing isn't worth a dime. Then, as others have said, have a goal, stick to your guns and don't take the first offer.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

Well you could take a crooked fireman along [8D][8D][8D]. This ain't rocket science, and it happens more than you think. You are a pain in the **** (either you/your truck/ or both) and they want to make you go away. They will offer to take back your vehicle less some agreed upon depreciation/use fee............you did use it, it has miles on the ticker right???? You can break down the cost of any vehicle to $$/mile. Then they want to put you in something else by making a new lease or installment contract. You do not have to do anything, meet, look it all over, get the numbers in writing and think it over a couple days, then decide if that is what you want to do.

I do not know what you consider a lemon in AZ, but you have to have your vehicle unavailable for use and demonstrate that the manufacturer/dealer is UNABLE to repair the vehicle to place it in service here in MI. So the equation is not just trips to the dealer, it is trips to the dealer to repeatedly repair the SAME problem, enough times that it demonstrates they cannot fix it! Eleven trips to a dealer for a minor non-safety issue (like a squeek or rattle) has been ruled not enough to revoke the purchase.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:49 AM

ORIGINAL: RealJeep

A thieving lawyer may be a bit much to take with you but a pocket recorder isn't. Just ask "Do you mind if I tape this meeting?" and plop it down on the table. At that point they'll know you're prepared to do business. Make sure you record their consent or the whole thing isn't worth a dime. Then, as others have said, have a goal, stick to your guns and don't take the first offer.
unless a pocket recorder knows the lemon laws in that state, then I don't see how it would do much....bringing a lawyer specializing in LL would help you avoid getting lowballed...which GM loves to do. You don't think the GM rep is trained and is more knowledgeable in LL than the average person? Bringing legal help levels the playing field

Quick Reply: The Infamous GM meeting... closure?