PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

inclinometer

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 12:04 AM
Default RE: inclinometer

that's the first time i've seen a hummersolutions gauge that wasn't in the owner's truck. not sure what the gauge was reading here, i was more worried about ruining all the leather from the seat that i'd pulled up the crack of my a$$

Old 10-22-2007, 07:12 PM

ORIGINAL: KS Trekker

ORIGINAL: tomp

Yeah, but those only go up to 40 degree fore slope when the H2 & H3 will do 60 stock. The RAD-1 can go up to 60 degree slope aft/fore.
ORIGINAL: buzzwohl

Here is the link for the inclinometer I installed on my H3 a couple years ago. Installed it on top the dash right in front of me.Wish they had it in a pod but it does the job. Pitch and roll for about $40.

http://tiltmeter.com/dual.html
Not so fast. As with most of these gauges, a littlemath is required. Most (like mine pictured below) display thetilt in degrees. The Hummer ratings (60% fore-to-aft and 40% side) are slope, also known as grade. Percent of slope is derived from the rise divided by the run multiplied by 100. So a 1/1 slope would be a 100% grade which is a 45 degree angle. I made a conversion chart:

So if you are watching your inclinometer that displays degrees, you don't want to exceed 22 degrees side hill and 31 degrees front to back.

You are correct and my apologies. I knew this and can't believe I posted that. It's been a long while since I looked at these, but I remember there was something about that little grade-guage on the side that was not as worthy as the larger slope-guage. Trying to remember now....I think maybe it does not have the dampening liquid in it and it moves too fast to be useful or something on those lines.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:06 PM

No sweat, I took a lot of math in college and still made the same mistake for years. Everytime I looked at the specs for Hummers I always thought it meant 40 degreesside to side and 60 degrees fore and aft. I just didn't want anyone to buy a gauge and roll their Hummer because they made the same mistake I did. because of the degrees vs. grade thing. Just remember that the Hummer specs are slope/grade and the inclinometer usually reads out in degrees. Do the math! Or please use my conversion chart!

Old 10-28-2007, 09:51 PM

BTW, I have 3 of the ones like KS Trekker is showing and have them listed cheap: http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=30557

Old 11-13-2007, 08:43 PM

I had a chance this last weekend to see what 30 degrees on the inclinometer feels like:

Man, was that an unnatural feeling. Talkabout your pucker factor -- I think I had a firm grip on the seat with my rear end!

Old 11-14-2007, 06:31 AM

Nice pic!

Old 11-14-2007, 12:59 PM

www.trailduty.com