PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

ImportKiller: This one's for you buddy - My engine resetting results thus far

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 01:08 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: ImportKiller: This one's for you buddy - My engine resetting results thus far

Dennis: I know it's supposed to be 5W-30, but on the receipt, they put 10W-30. I didn't notice it until yesterday. I was a little upset, but what am I going to do I mean, I'm not going back to get it done again. I hear ya though. That's just what I thought.

Auria: I have no idea, that's why I ask these guys! After I added my light bar on the roof, my mileage did drop a mile or two per gallon and I drive so much I get the same mileage all the time. It may just be because I haven't had the AC on, but even with it off before, I don't think I ever got 45 miles with the needle still before the F line.

The rest of you: This is how I taught myself computers and how to build them. Now I have made a career out of it My goal in the next 5 years is to open some kind of custom auto shop, so I kinda want to tinker. Info-mercials are my worst enemy, mostly because my wife believes them, and I don't!

I have a new magnet also. It says if I attach it to my turn signal lever, I will be able to get 15 MPG more! It's only $99.99. WHAT A DEAL!

Old 08-31-2006, 01:11 AM
Default RE: ImportKiller: This one's for you buddy - My engine resetting results thus far

Oh ok,I thought 93 octane will hurt the motor thats what my dealer told me.

Old 08-31-2006, 01:12 AM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

hell my mileage looks AWESOME till I hit half...then it drops like a 10 year olds pants at Michael Jacksons ranch.
[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 08-31-2006, 01:18 AM

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

Oh ok,I thought 93 octane will hurt the motor thats what my dealer told me.
It could over a long period of time using 93 octane in a 87 octane engine..But one tank ain't gonna hurt anything..

Old 08-31-2006, 01:25 AM
Super Moderator

Actually, I was going to try the fan eventually........ that was going to be after I close on my house and have a few bucks.

I was going to get a new exhaust system, but starting to wonder if its worth it. I know I'll get more power, but I really want the best MPG I can get, and I don't know if by having more power I will get worse gas mileage. Any thoughts on that one?

AND YES I really wanted to try tha tstupid home made super charger lol.

Old 08-31-2006, 01:30 AM

if exhaust increases your HP and torque it will also increase you MPG at the same time. HP gains are made from better engine brathing, with this the engine works easier so mpg #'s will increase also. Intake & exhaust = more air in-more air out with less back pressure. better hp, and mileage

Old 08-31-2006, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator

Oh believe me I know the theories, but I have had a custom exhaust on alot of my vehicles, and usually yes, i got more power, and know about the backpressure thing, but the mileage always went down, not by alot, but just a little. Maybe because i was so obcessed with the power increase i floored it too much

Old 08-31-2006, 01:48 AM

EXACTLY!!! I liked hearing the noise so I always got on it harder with exhaust.

Old 08-31-2006, 01:53 AM
Super Moderator

When I was a teenager teaching myself computers, I wanted to squeeze every single bit of power and memory out of my system, cuz i was a gamer and had to have that extra frame per second lol. It eventually transferred to cars. I am a real man now mommy!

Old 08-31-2006, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

umm. Yeah, ya see, there was this um, storm, yeah, and, um, the condensation in the air caused the uh, battery cooling hose (why the hell is that there in the first place) to clog, causing the air that was deflected from it to create a swirling effect which cause the engine fan to slow and cause friction on the balancer which um, oh forget it:

[IMG]local://upfiles/863/6B62A1264E9E440DAAA270F53FC1E706.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: ImportKiller: This one's for you buddy - My engine resetting results thus far