PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im Totally a Newbies Newbie!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Default Im Totally a Newbies Newbie!!!

I have not made my purchase yet. I have made the decision to buy an H2 SUT and even have narrowed down a color preference (Burghendy or Green) but may consider white. I'm looking to spend under $25 k so I understand my choices may be variable between year and mileage. I have test driven a gorgeous Burghendy 06 in April but wasn't ready to pull the trigger yet. So being a Newbies Newbie any suggestions will be appreciated. I intend on keeping which ever H2 I end up buying for hopefully 10 yrs unless she turns out to be an undependable maintence disaster. So any suggestions on an 03 as opposed to an 07??? That sort of thing..... Thanks and looking forward to starting my search soon and finding her by years end.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:50 AM

Look at the Post," seeking advice and help." Another advice would be not to limit your search in your area. I live in Detroit and bought my 08 SUT in Colorado. If you want to keep it for 10 years or more, I would suggest planning on taking a trip to find the one you want, it was well worth it for me.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Can't imagine you finding an 07 SUT for 25K or under and they didn't make the SUT until 04 or 05. Can't remember which. Search all the usual places and don't be scared to travel to look at trucks that fall within your parameters. ( eBay, Autotrader, HummerMarketplace, etc )

Old 07-06-2012, 01:21 PM

I agree. Found mine out of state. Had to up my budget amount. Found an 05 with 13K miles for 31K.

Old 07-06-2012, 02:18 PM

Welcome Brother...That's kind of a though one bro...I own an H3 Alpha but when it comes to this type of purchase the best advice I can give you is that if you're not mechanically inclined or have any doubts at all...Spend the extra dollar and have it professionally checked. Hopefully you've made a few freinds that are mechanics and can sve you a bunch, but anyhow, check it for top to bottom. The first thing I look at is not the engine...it's then bottom of the truck. Good luck Bro...

Old 07-12-2012, 09:59 PM

Thanks for the advice. I considered the likelihood of traveling a ways. Sounds like many of you guys did on your purchases. I am a Corvette owner and travelled 100 miles to pick her up. Hopefully I will get lucky on my H2!

Old 07-13-2012, 08:05 AM

Definitely go for the one you want the most, dont settle on any other color, or option aside from what you have in mind.

I wanted a white SUT, and it took me over a month to find the right one....just picked her up this past weekend, and enjoying every angle of it

This is mine, and hopefully should help you decide on white

Old 07-13-2012, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by mikhro
Definitely go for the one you want the most, dont settle on any other color, or option aside from what you have in mind.

I wanted a white SUT, and it took me over a month to find the right one....just picked her up this past weekend, and enjoying every angle of it

This is mine, and hopefully should help you decide on white
Looks very sharp !! congrats on your new ride

Old 07-13-2012, 09:09 AM

I gotta go with the flow on this one--I was very specific in what I wanted in an H2 and after looking locally for several months, and almost settling on one I didn't want (thank God the dealership was dragging their feet on making a deal!), I ended up getting mine delivered from 600 miles away in Colorado. What made mine kind of scary for me was I bought from a small town dealership that didn't have a big brand name backing. Turned out they were fantastic, better than a big name dealer and didn't make any untrue claims.
As for being specific in what you want, try finding a low mileage, white, 06-07 H2 SUV w/wheat interior and air suspension--within a resonable price. That's what I went into it looking for, and man was that tough to pull off! Oh yeah, as part of the deal, I needed to trade my 3, so that made it more tricky.
Ultimately I got exactly what I was looking for, with a little extra chrome and dvd players to spare. The dealer drove my 2 to my house, and picked up my 3 as part of the trade. Very happy, to say the least. The truck has been fantastic in the last several years of ownership.
So, as the others say, pay for an inspection if you don't feel comfortable and I'd recommend if you buy something that you can't deal with the seller directly, get a warranty to help cover the odd stuff.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:15 AM

Seems like we're all alike....I drove 200 miles just to look at mine. It was exactly what I wanted. Searched for about 6 months till' I found it.

Attached Thumbnails Im Totally a Newbies Newbie!!!-003.jpg  

Quick Reply: Im Totally a Newbies Newbie!!!