PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm looking for a part number

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 08:54 PM
Default I'm looking for a part number

Just noticed today in front of the cargo roof rack rails theres some snap in filler plastic pieces (I don't know what the heck to call them) that clip out so you can put things into the rails. I'm missing one of them and its not a big deal but now that i know its missing its gonna bug me. I've tried all kind of searching and so far haven't came up with a name for them or part number. can anyone help me out with either. thanks

Old 03-20-2011, 11:08 PM

check out gmpartsdirect.com they have alot of oem parts and have illistrations and pictures that might help you out on finding what your looking for

Old 03-21-2011, 12:46 AM

Take a picture of what you are looking for and post it up. I have a parts CD for the H3 and I'll look it up for ya.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:48 AM

you might be better off just calling a dealership and talking to the parts department, does the other one have a part # on it, I am going to check mine out, now it's bugging me!!!!

Old 03-21-2011, 07:02 AM

It's the filler piece in the front of the rail.....My locks snapped off and I tried to get new ones and was told by GMPARTSDIRECT that I would have to buy the whole new rack.....works fine without....not going through all of that trouble for a cover.

I'll post the pic later too...if you can find it that would make my day also. You will need to click on the small photo.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/JOHNJ%7E1.WES/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/JOHNJ%7E1.WES/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]

Attached Thumbnails I'm looking for a part number-cover.jpg  

Last edited by 08JJ; 03-21-2011 at 07:07 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Hooked
Just noticed today in front of the cargo roof rack rails theres some snap in filler plastic pieces (I don't know what the heck to call them) that clip out so you can put things into the rails. I'm missing one of them and its not a big deal but now that i know its missing its gonna bug me. I've tried all kind of searching and so far haven't came up with a name for them or part number. can anyone help me out with either. thanks
This is interesting.....I've seen a couple of threads, now, talking about these parts, but, I bought my '08 Alpha new, and never had them . I wonder if they were only on the '06 & '07's, and discontinued as a cost savings?

Old 03-21-2011, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
This is interesting.....I've seen a couple of threads, now, talking about these parts, but, I bought my '08 Alpha new, and never had them . I wonder if they were only on the '06 & '07's, and discontinued as a cost savings?

I bought my 08 Alpha new also but mine had them.....last time I removed them both of the clips just snapped off.....really bad design and I have been unable to find replacements anywhere....They have some strange part number stamped on them that no one can recognize. When I get home tonight I will put up a better picture and maybe someone can decipher the part number.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:55 AM

I took a picture of it the other day but can't find my camera cable so I've been unable to upload it. I was just going to take off the other one but looks kind of crummy without it. I didn't notice it was missing til I was waxing the roof the other day. And I didn't even think to look for a part number on the one I have I'll check it tonight. 08JJ I like your Jeep thing saying in your signature that cracked me up : )

Old 03-21-2011, 04:57 PM

Here they are....now where do you get them?

Attached Thumbnails I'm looking for a part number-img_1232.jpg  
Old 03-21-2011, 05:06 PM

If anyone finds the part number please post! I called the dealer, explained the part, and he said it only comes with the 'A' pillar trim piece, does not have it's own part number, and could not be purchased separately!....WTF! He obviously doesn't know what the hell he's talking about! It's got nothing to do with the 'A' pillar trim piece.

Quick Reply: I'm looking for a part number