PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i want a humvee

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 12:47 AM
Default i want a humvee

Well, after a summer/fall of offroading whenever i could, i think i've been able to feel out the limits of the H2. And i've had a chance to see a few mega-modified jeeps, and i'm only somewhat impressed. They seem to really excel at trails designed for jeeps and creeping slowly over big rocks, less impressive on other terrain.

So its come to be that i want a humvee, so i'm going to patiently shop for a used-but-a-little-nice H1 to modify a little.

wish me luck or hex me

Old 12-31-2006, 05:32 AM
Default RE: i want a humvee

ORIGINAL: Greenblade

Well, after a summer/fall of offroading whenever i could, i think i've been able to feel out the limits of the H2. And i've had a chance to see a few mega-modified jeeps, and i'm only somewhat impressed. They seem to really excel at trails designed for jeeps and creeping slowly over big rocks, less impressive on other terrain.

So its come to be that i want a humvee, so i'm going to patiently shop for a used-but-a-little-nice H1 to modify a little.

wish me luck or hex me
Good Luck GB!!Name:  thumbsup.gif
Views: 178
Size:  3.2 KB

I see alot of used H1's on the Internet...I guess the catch would be to find someone local with DOCUMENTATION as to not find a Lemon!!

Old 01-04-2008, 10:39 PM

cars.com ad autotrader.com are pretty good places to look also lynch humer is a great well known hummer dealer youv probably heard of but they dont have much of the cheaper older hummers. also check hummer forums classifiedds.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator

www.dontdrivejunk.com usually has 8-10 H1s for sell. They are in Anaheim Hills, CA. Sometimes they aren't very inexpensive but they will deal. I think they have 6 Alphas and 6 older H1s right now. Good luck and let us know if we can help.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:15 PM

Good luck with your search. Any idea what body style you're looking at getting? I would say the newer the better and I personally wouldn't get anything below a 97.5 because of the changes they made that year. Also don't forget to keep a rather hefty (4-5,000 dollar) maintenance budget if and when something goes wrong. Let me know what you're looking at getting because I know of a few guys in the Illiana Hummer club (who I'm with) that are looking to sell their trucks. Good Luck!

Drew

Old 01-15-2008, 09:38 PM

Greenblade, I have a friend in Fla that is going to sell his 2002 with about 37000 miles. He is asking for $59k and it has an extended warranty package that covers the truck for I think about 3 more yrs. PM me if you might be interested and I can get some info sent to you. If not, good luck on your search.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:20 PM

I see you were debating between a highly modified jeep or a humvee... does this mean that the humvee you plan on seeing more offroad than you do onroad with it? Since highly modified jeeps sure can be a daily driver but a pain of a one... So if you plan on using the Humvee mostly as an offroader than i'd suggest looking for a bare bones HMMWV with like soft doors, soft top, the 6.2NA diesel etc... keep it light and simple and with the 6.2NA diesel you will have a very reliable engine(but that also depends on how the previous owners have taken care of it)... With a bare HMMWV you dont get weighed down with all the creature comforts etc found in the H1 also alot less electricals to get messed up in the mud/water... I myself plan on getting a HMMWV to strictly be my offroader(when I am not sure..) also you can get one for around 20k and i've also seen very nice ones for less than that. Also after purchasing it i'd removed the seats and get the whole interior rhino lined or linex or whatever your brand of bed liner is(simple to wash and keeps corrosion/scratches to the minimum plus looks pretty good too... After that you can decide to put the military seats back in or maybe shop around for some more comfortable civy seats to install.. all upto you. But yea that will be my dream one day a HMMWV that has a total rhino lined interior, some neoprene seats, where I can cruise it in the most horrific rain storms with the top off and not have to worry

Old 01-16-2008, 02:04 PM

humvees are cool (I was originally looking for one) but for the most part the nice ones are as much as the h1's and the affordable ones are beat to hell. They are not dot approved, most likely not supported by the dealers, can be very difficult if not impossible to register (if you are in the states), and can't really maintain hwy speeds unless the tranny is changed. If you are a good mechanic/do-it-yourselfer and trailer it to the trails, that's another story.

rb

Old 01-17-2008, 09:42 AM

http://www.cars.com/go/search/search...p;aff=nationalheres some cheeper ones

Old 01-17-2008, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Good luck on the search. Come back with questions if you need help.

Quick Reply: i want a humvee