PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
View Poll Results: A poll
could not afford an H2 or H1, but like the image
18.18%
it really is the most capable HUMMER off road
12.12%
it is the best 4WD for the money
33.33%
I want to look like I know what I'm doing offroad
0%
22" blades with the chrome package rock
6.06%
I hate liberals and wanted to p!ss them off
21.21%
other, details please
9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

I bought my HUMMER H3 because:

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 01:34 AM
Default I bought my HUMMER H3 because:

just curious to see some answers here. I hunt and got tired of getting stuck all the time; then decided I needed the most capable, comfortable 4WD vehicle available and bought the H3.

for entertainment purposes only...

Old 11-11-2006, 04:13 AM
Default RE: I bought my HUMMER H3 because:

My wife wanted one. When I looked at them, and realized they had the 4:1, & rear locker in the adv pkg it peeked my interest. The ground clearance, approach & dept angles, & mpg, and over all vehicle size where other factors. I also preffer the "utility" look of trucks, and I'm sick of the rounded look of most modern trucks & SUV's. So in the end, the H3 fit our bill pretty nicley.

Old 11-11-2006, 10:07 AM

I got tired of not having 4 doors on my Jeep Wrangler TJ - really happy with locker, adv. pkg, capability - don't even mind that Jeep 4 door wrangler is out now weeks after I bought my H3...and when the hummer dealer said..."if you buy the skid plates, and you break anything underneath them...it's covered"....they had me![8D]

Old 11-11-2006, 10:15 AM

i really wanted the h1 but i am still young and eventually i hope to purchase one when i am a little more financially stable . the h2 gas mileage was a big factor which leaned me towards the h3

Old 11-11-2006, 09:38 PM

My wife is an account exec for an ad agency specializing in automobile marketing. One of her clients is Nimnicht Hummer in Jacksonville, FL. She went on a business trip there and when she came back, all she could talk about was how cool Hummers were. Seizing the opportunity to embrace the Dave Chappelle quote, "at last we can share everything", I started researching H2s and H3s. I found out how much truck you get for the money with the H3. I wanted something different, something not everybody and their brother had. So I ordered one. When I got tired of waiting for it to be built, I went and bought one.

But of course, I love pissing off liberals as well...

Old 11-11-2006, 11:24 PM

i don't own an H3, so i didn't vote. but your choices made me laugh, that an H3 is the most capable hummer offroad. what a hoot . . . . .

Old 11-11-2006, 11:28 PM

Shorty as soon as I read that as one of the options I knew you were going to have to respond to it

what a hoot....LMFAO!!!

Old 11-12-2006, 01:11 AM

ORIGINAL: shortbus

i don't own an H3, so i didn't vote. but your choices made me laugh, that an H3 is the most capable hummer offroad. what a hoot . . . . .
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 11-12-2006, 10:16 PM

I have my H3 because it is what I want to drive, it accepts the customizing nicely and it fits in my garage.

It never occured to me that this was considered a 'conservative' purchase, it was pretty weird for me to read here that it possibly 'pisses off liberals'......I see the H3 as a free and liberal thinking person's choice, nothing conservative about that.

My H3 is one 'HOT' little truck and it makes it a statement all of its own.

Old 11-12-2006, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator

um, I'm whooped, my wife wanted a H2 and despised the H3, test drove the H3, she miraculously loved the H3, registered for my supplier discount, bought the H3.

THAT, and just after taking a 5300 mile road drop in a dropped Scion xB, we realized how much we missed by not having the ability to go exploring off-road. We bought it mainly for off-roading.

Funny how you buy it for one thing that you then decide you may actually never want to do with it after you put so much time and money into customizing it.

Quick Reply: I bought my HUMMER H3 because: