PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hunter brush grill guards ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 04:15 PM
Default Hunter brush grill guards ?

Hi guy's ,
been a lurker for a while and finally bought my H3 last night.
I went with the '06 w/ 0% for 60 months..couldn't resist.
Its a red base with chrome package , chrome side steeps , chrome wheels and powered sun roof.

I've been hunting ebay for a brush grill guard for the front end, and found preatty good shipped deals on the hunter ones..
I'm thinking the blk military model....any advise or feed back quality wise ???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...0473123&rd=1,1

..also any advise on the window wind guards and sun roof wind guards..I like the looks of them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...7329761&rd=1,1

Thanks, Shawn

Old 11-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Default RE: Hunter brush grill guards ?

I don't have any brush guard knowledge but welcome to the H3 Family, you made a wise choice

Old 11-08-2006, 08:16 PM

Thanks SEMO H3..

anyone with advise or word on the street.....I know take it easy kid..but I can't wait to trick 'er out.
Take care Shawn

Old 11-08-2006, 08:59 PM

They all look good and good prices too.

Old 11-08-2006, 11:25 PM

I was looking at that brushguard as well. The only problem and reason why I didn't get it is because of the 2 pieces of rubber that wrap around the 2 vertical posts. From the pictures at the top of the auction page, it looks like the two vertical posts are tubes like the rest of the grill, but as I scrolled down I realized that the vertical posts are actually flat bars in which black rubber is wrapped around. it. In the long run, you might have to deal with the rubber discoloring or cracking.

I personally would pick up the GM OEM black brushguard. Yes, you will end up spending $150 - $200 more, but at least you won't have to deal with the black rubber issue. I don't think the vertical posts on the OEM brushguard is tubular as well, but at least the outside covering looks solidly constructed. As stock as it is, it still looks hefty and solid. Here's one I've been looking at:

H3 Factory Brushguard

or you can BLING BLING

I was considering picking it up, but paying close to $300 in shipping to fly it over the ocean is pretty tough for me to swallow. You on the otherhand, are probably a part of the continental U.S., so you can happily take advantage of the $29.99 shipping & handling...[sm=boosign.gif] jus' kidding. I'd go for it!

NB

Old 11-08-2006, 11:51 PM

the black plastic pieces that wrap around the verticle t-bar's shouldn't be of any concern. Most push bars use them and they don't discolor. Had one on my beater truck for 10 years now with no problem at all.

Old 11-10-2006, 09:38 AM

Thanks for the replies guy's....
I'm hoping from a reply from a user..anyone..anyone...
Thanks again , Shawn

Old 06-21-2007, 11:15 AM

It's an old topic, so rather than start a new thread I decided to refresh it

I got my SS Hunter brush guard on Tuesday. I paid for it $250 - shipping already included and it took them only 4 days to deliver it to my doorstep.
It took me about 25-30 minutes to install (installation is veeery simple).
Brushguard looks pretty solid, materials used appear to be of good quality. As far as looks - I acutally like this one better than OEM, to me it's more rugged than GM's - but that's only me I guess...

[IMG]local://upfiles/2272/6BCF32F7779340A2945B8325688D34D6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-21-2007, 12:19 PM

I like that one. I have to get a new one and had seen one like that. Where did you get it?

Old 06-21-2007, 01:33 PM

I got it at Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HUMME...spagenameZWDVW

Quick Reply: Hunter brush grill guards ?