PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummers unite!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 02:54 PM
Default Hummers unite!!

Fellow Hummer owners, I'd like to share a story with you...
In my busy year of 2012 opening a hospital, I learned that my 3 year old daughter was being raped by a very trusted family member. I had seen no signs, had no idea what was happening. Her attacker got too comfortable. One night I heard her scream. He said they played too rough. He was so consoling of her, making sure she was ok before he left my home. That night I found out what was happening. I took my tiny, 26lb, 3 year old little girl to the emergency room at the hospital I had just opened. I was shocked. Numb. All my ER employees were in the same state as me. Her visit resulted in corrective surgery and months of healing. She had internal scarring from other attacks, and colon damage. I have since left my career and focused on my family and their healing. I started a Foundation for my community and we are raising money for other victims and their families to afford counseling, medical attention and help with other needs. Our foundation works with male and female victims. In this journey I have seen the life crippling effects child sexual assault causes. It's so sad.

We need your help, Hummer community!
I'm sure all of you parents out there can understand what pain other families must be facing and most having no resources to turn to. We are giving them the resources. I was lucky enough to be able to make it through this life changing event. Leaving my job meant losing my healthcare insurance, that was a large part of my ability to care for her. We made it through and are helping others make it through as well. My daughter recently turned 4 and she is a strong, beautiful, healthy girl again because of her wonderful care team and after care treatments. Every mother and father should be able to give their child that chance. We need your help to make a difference and save a few lives!

If you would like to read more about our story or make a donation, visit us at The EMMA Foundation for Healing - Welcome

Join our blog

Thank you!
Rachel

Old 02-19-2013, 04:47 PM

I feel sorry for your daughter and I wish her all the best in life but I do not think a hummer forum is a place to start asking for donations.
That is more a facebook thing.
Also if I may say leaving your job and not having health insurance was not a smart thing. Your daughter is mentally damaged for life and will need professional help in the future. How will you do that with no job and no health insurance?