PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hummer,pontiac,MERCURY

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 04:17 AM
Banned
Default hummer,pontiac,MERCURY

merc is dying,who's next?

thot ford was doing good!

Old 11-08-2010, 10:32 AM

Don't forget Saturn - they went with Pontiac. Too bad really, I was hoping to pick up a Sky Redline in a year or two. Now there will be fewer to choose from and likely higher priced.

Seems like a better business plan. Variety is nice and all, but I think the Japanese makers have the right idea. Two car lines, base and luxury. It would be nice to see the Hummer and Sky/Solstice lines continue under the Chevrolet badge, not going to happen though.

Consolidate all the brands/lines/dealerships down to Chevy/Cadillac, Ford/Lincoln, Chrysler(or Dodge)/Jeep.. Not that Jeep is the "luxury" version of Chrysler, but it's a different enough lineup to make a logical "other" brand.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Banned

makes sense to me, who could name all the models now!?

being a former ford man,,i once looked at saturn as a small backup since ive always had a van and a mileage car, pinto,4 bang mustang.

believe it or not,when i was a kid we could look at a car in the distance and tell the make,,AND year.
i cant tell any today,too much look alike stuff,EXCEPT h3!

Old 11-14-2010, 08:53 AM

I think Pontiac is worried but doing a good job. Buick is worried but doing a good job. I think the Jeep division, with the elimination or simulation of the Hummer needs to rethink its direction. Some of the Jeeps look like a stripped Hummer. They could dress it up and it would be the same thing as a Hummer 3. Just my Humble .02 cents.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:54 AM

Wait, we exported six thousand automobiles to Korea and they imported over seven hundred thousand and they refuse to cooperate with us???? What is wrong with this scene?

Old 11-14-2010, 09:50 PM

I wonder why korea wants our vehicles???

Old 12-12-2010, 10:42 PM

Eh, it's the way of the world. Car makers had the different car lines by the same manufacture to actually be different. Over the years they all became homogenized and generic... a different grill and tail light, slightly change the interior plastic, a different name... etc etc etc but essentially the same car.

I wouldn't worry about Buick, they seem to have turned the corner here and top notch in China.