PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummer from Hell !!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Default Hummer from Hell !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive had problems with my torq convertor and had it replaced been towed 4 times back to the dealer to fix the problem. They drained the fluid and truck worked for a month and then same problem happened. Would not catch gear and when hitting gas the rpm go up and no movement. Now they are telling me that they think it’s a bad sprag .. I think it’s the whole transmission. I don’t tow with it I don’t beat it and I have 60k on it 2007 Hummer H3.
Ive been thinking of getting rid of it and getting a camaro but I know I will miss my hummer cause no other vehicles compares to it. My powertran warrenty is up in 1 year and I have 1 year left of payments on it. I am not sure what to do ? Need some opinions guys.. What would be the smart thing to do. Keep the Truck of just get rid of it :/. I also called Hummer and complained about this incident and they said they would compensate me ? few days later I get an email from hummer granting free oil change… WTF I don’t want a oil change I want a new car!!!!! I feel like this car is unsafe to drive anymore.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:28 AM
Banned
Default guessin

mite need a new mechanic,theres a lot of tranny control/computer that could possibly cause trbl.
id get 2nd opinion

Old 03-07-2011, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
mite need a new mechanic,theres a lot of tranny control/computer that could possibly cause trbl.
id get 2nd opinion
I agree... Bring it to another dealer so it's covered under warranty!

Old 03-07-2011, 10:41 PM

didn't all hummers come with a ten year/100000 drivetrain warranty?

Old 03-08-2011, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by steve lenz
didn't all hummers come with a ten year/100000 drivetrain warranty?
5 year

Old 03-08-2011, 05:45 AM

Yea sounds like it's time to try another dealer, in my area you couldn't throw a without hitting one. But now after Obama shut them all down we are left with
2 dealers and its 2 weeks out for any kind of service appointment

Old 03-08-2011, 05:47 AM

Yea sounds like it's time to try another dealer, in my area you couldn't throw a without hitting one. But now after Obama shut them all down we are left with 2 dealers and its 2 weeks out for any kind of service appointment

Old 03-08-2011, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by ak47dennis
Yea sounds like it's time to try another dealer, in my area you couldn't throw a without hitting one. But now after Obama shut them all down we are left with 2 dealers and its 2 weeks out for any kind of service appointment
I didnt know Obama shut down the Hummer dealers....crazy. I guess you learn something new everyday.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Widespread Hummer
I didnt know Obama shut down the Hummer dealers....crazy. I guess you learn something new everyday.
Not hummer specifically GM dealers in general

Old 03-08-2011, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by ak47dennis
Not hummer specifically GM dealers in general
I'm pretty sure it was owners of the dealerships that made the decision to shut down, because of GM cutbacks. It's amazing what Obama gets blamed for these days. lol

Quick Reply: Hummer from Hell !!!!!!!!!!!!