PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummer H3 - Power Folding Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 08:28 AM
Default RE: Hummer H3 - Power Folding Mirrors

ORIGINAL: Muddydawg75

Have to get H2 mirrors for that...
Will look into it... I guess I initially thought they would be too big though.

I'm sticking with Hummer though because pretty much everything else on the road has too much of an angled side of the body... putting those mirrors on the Jeep's vertical sides would make them hang down.

At least the Hummers only have a very slight angle on the doors. Should only need a very very small spacer plate made.

Does anybody know how the mirrors are wired? Is it direct from the switch panel out to the mirrors or does it go through a control module that I would need to get also?

Old 05-23-2008, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Oman4x4

The base that mounts to the door is 5" wide x 4 1/4" tall... from the base of the mirror to the top of the mirror is 15 1/2" They stick out 10" from the base and folded is around 4"

Folded I bet they don't stick out more than your fender flares... and I bet if you measure your mirrors they are within 2" of being the same...

Old 05-23-2008, 08:40 AM

Do you know our Impy?
Is that somebody's forum name on here? In Oman or Dubai?

Old 05-23-2008, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah.... username here... I thought he might have been a member on the Rubicon Forum you mentioned...

Old 05-23-2008, 08:44 AM

ORIGINAL: Oman4x4

The base that mounts to the door is 5" wide x 4 1/4" tall... from the base of the mirror to the top of the mirror is 15 1/2" They stick out 10" from the base and folded is around 4"

Folded I bet they don't stick out more than your fender flares... and I bet if you measure your mirrors they are within 2" of being the same...
Thanks for the effort

My fender flares are a little bigger than stock so they're 5.5" wide - so having the mirror tuck into 4 inches is perfect.

Any ideas on what the wiring setup is like? I could go junkyard browsing but when it's over 110F outside it's easier to just go visit the parts counter

Old 05-23-2008, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

I haven't looked at mine in a while.... but dwaxman1 just replaced his mirrors.... PM him and he can probably even give you pictures of the wires and plugs and give you an idea of what you might be up against...

Old 05-23-2008, 11:33 AM

Thanks Muddydawg.

I also just checked out Muth's website. On the H2 mirror shape I can get Amber turn signalsas an option. I prefer that as Jeeps outside of America have Amber turn signals in the back.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:58 PM

So, is it possible to mount up H2 mirrors on an H3? The power folding feature would be worth it....along with them being heated as well. I'm still suprised that HUMMER hasn;t ugraded them since the first model year. I may to look into this over the weekend.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:52 PM

I really miss my heated mirrors off my dodge ram... I always used it during the winter in Washington. That and my remote start.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:30 PM

ORIGINAL: RealJeep

Nice Rubi Trapper! Like that CJ2A flat fender look!
Thanks...the flat fenders are from Poison Spyder Customs & really give me a ton of room to flex when my discos are un-coupled.

Quick Reply: Hummer H3 - Power Folding Mirrors