PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummer H1 interior

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 01:20 AM
Default Hummer H1 interior

I have just purchased a black 2000 Hummer H1 soft top and am looking to replace many of the internal panels, dash and internal door panels - does anyone know were I can get these?

Thanks, David

Old 11-08-2008, 05:28 AM
Default RE: Hummer H1 interior

Hi David.

I have seen some great interior upgrade kits from Predator. You can see them at the following URL:
http://predatormotorsports.com/h1interior.aspx

In fact I found the same interiors from the same company on another website much cheaper at the following URL:
http://hummerpartsclub.com/mm5/merch...de=H1_interior

Hope this helps.

Old 11-08-2008, 04:35 PM

kascar has the best prices.

Some of these parts are extremely expensive. The problem is not with the price (ok, $4K for a dog house is extreme) I have is that the parts are substandard in durability.

This topic has come up before....it is such low production that nobody wants to bite.

I'm wondering if these interior panels can be beaten by somebody in the Far East for a couple of hundred dollars each. Anybody got any contacts in India, Nepal or Turkey?

Old 11-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

eventually someone will contract with a chinese company to do it on the cheap.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:25 AM

Interesting that you mention this. I have three offices in China. Generally this type of thing is very inexpensive to produce, but as you say the demand for the items might not justify the effort and tooling costs. I will make some enquiries - what is the most common interior type, does anybody know? I can request my design office to approach the relevant manufacturers there.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:31 PM

The overhead console, dog house and dash seems to be the parts required most, they are also very expensive from AMG.

Ifthese new partscan be hand beaten or pop-riveted out of sheetmetal, it would excellent. It doesn't have to be light or super precise....it just has to be durable.

I've been to India and Nepal and know they can do this type of work. I'm willing to thow some money to help.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:07 AM
Super Moderator

dog house, overhead console, B & C pillar covers and reat HVAC covers seem to be the pieces needing to be replaced the most. Making OEM type replicas should not be hard or expensive. I think there is a decent market for it but not huge. Sales would be in the hundreds not thousands but the mark up could be nice

Old 11-10-2008, 12:51 AM

Well I was initially thinking of the internal aesthetics parts being veneered wood and ali panels, which is something I would get my office to source. However, the sheet metal and riveted parts I can have manufactured in my factory in China and the quantities would obviously determine the price. Obviously the best would be to get the drawings for these parts - this takes up the most time and we could make slightly different ones so as not to bother AMG. The price would be greatly reduced though. I have already got them to run off my own design 2" suspension lift spacers at a far lower price than what's available. Let's see if others respond and I can take the matter further regarding panels and internal pieces.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:12 PM

Where are you located? Give me a call I can help you out.

760-734-1749

Thanks,
Josh

Old 12-06-2008, 08:47 PM

I'm interested in as well, I can 3D scan some of the smaller items into a ProE file. Not a whole dog house though.

Quick Reply: Hummer H1 interior