PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hummer Event Ocala National Forest

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Default Hummer Event Ocala National Forest

Hummer of Orlando is holding their 10th annual Hummer of Orlando Off-Road Event Aprial 6th and 7th. If you are in the area and wanting to be involved they have a 100 truck maximum so you need to call Shaun Laird to make your reservation his number is 407-673-3500 ext: 2602. Tell Shaun..."Luke sent you lol" I'll try to give you the itinerary for the two days.

Friday the 6th 6pm-8:30pm Check-in will be held at the Quality Inn Friday night. The address to the Holidy Inn is:

201 N First St.
Palatka, Fl 32177

Friday 9pm: Begin convoy for the night run in the forest.

Sat the registration and runing board removal 8am-10am

Sat 10:30am Begin convoy to the forest

Sat 1:30pm stop to eat lunch (only meal not covered for the two days) there are two resturants to eat at where they stop.

Sat 3pm Return to the forest and enjoy the sand pits and more trails

Sat 6pm Return to the hotel.

Sat 7pm-8pm Buffet style dinner along with raffle giveaway and award something or other lol

Sat 7:30pm to 12am Orlandos own 2AM Band in the hotel lunge to wrap up the weekend.

I've only been to one of these so far... and it was a blast! Tons of fun to be had in the Ocala National Forest. Hope to see you there.

Old 04-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Default RE: Hummer Event Ocala National Forest

Any comments on Ocala? I just moved back down to Florida and one of the first things I did was take my H3 to Ocala. The red orange sand dirt is horrible. It will stain your tires so bad you could scrub all day. You will definatly have to use bleach tire clean (several times)and then wet shine them. The inside of your tires will be ugly too unless you get on your back underneath the H3 and clean them. The dusty sand will cover just about everything. A high pressure hose will not spray it off especially the undercarage. You will have to physically wipe it off and thats hard to do to the underneat of your H3. A lot of the trails get tight at certain points. The deadly, thorny brush will scrape the sides, mirrors and plastic rear bumper on your H3. It willtake off clear coat or whatever and or scratch. There is miles and miles and miles of places to go. Some places look pretty cool but most of it is the same. I got lost for little while lol. I had fun. Always use protection, for your H3 and yourself.