PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

The Hummer Club Inc. - Is anybody a member here?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator
Default The Hummer Club Inc. - Is anybody a member here?

It's almost time for me to renew my membership, and I probably won't. For being the "largest hummer club" or whatever they say, they really dissappoint me. They rarely have events, and when they do, they don't even send emails out about them. You get a magazine every once in a while, and for the amount of members they have and the amount of money they make, there should be ALOT more going on.

Our Hummer Club is only local to Illinois/Indiana and we have 3 times more events going on then they do. One would think you would be pro-active in creating regional branches if you are so large, instead of having one branch and events in most places people just can't get to conveniently.

Anyway, I'm just wondering what everybody else's thoughts are. I know alot of the members in our club either let their memberhips run out or are going to. I think for the money you spend you really don't get anything at all. I think I have received maybe two emails from them and I'm on the mailing list.

Old 05-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Default RE: The Hummer Club Inc. - Is anybody a member here?

past leadership had driven the HCI into the ground. the only reason they're having runs on the west coast this year is because of some bashing they took on the humvee.net forum. regardless of their written statements, i personally feel they're very H1-centric, but now that they're encouraging h2 and 3 owners to come along, the H1 crowd is bailing. their runs are expensive, at least compared to those of local clubs. and the biggest failure, as you pointed out, is their lack of support for local clubs. they should be embracing the local clubs, but they seem to want to compete with us. the national HOG fully supports local chapters, which is what HCI should be doing, but they're too into themselves. i let my membership lapse after the first year of membership (got absolutely nothing in return). i'll stick with my local club, we're not interested in a wine country tour . . . . . .

Old 05-16-2007, 03:52 PM

i am a member.. but i wont be re-newing .

Old 05-16-2007, 04:13 PM

I was going to become a member but after hearing pretty much the same thing you guys have said I opted not to ... I don't have a need to pay a member fee to be a part of a club that does more or less nothing! I'd much rather invest that money in to getting a good HummerForums run together or putting that $ towards getting to said run. Hell, I'd even be interested in getting some sort of local thing club going before I waste away my $$ joinin' "them".....

Old 05-16-2007, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

I'm a member and I am going to a club event in West VA next month.

Old 05-17-2007, 08:32 AM

I'm a member and I think that in the past the club wasn't run properly. I'm off to same event next month. I'll be able to let you know what goes on when I get back. I do know that this year they are holding 8 events for both east coast and west coast. Last year they only ran 4 total events! The fee is only $45 you get a quarterly mag. and a sticker. I like the direction their headed so keep that in mind.

Old 05-17-2007, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

When I joined oh, a year or more ago, it said I was member number 45,345 or something like that. IF there are in-fact, 45 Thousand members, and each one is paying $45 a year membership, that's over $2 Million dollars in membership income a year.I'm going to pull up the financial info now and see what it says.

It only has financials up to 2003 when it was only H1's. It was only something like $37k. I wonder if their membership numbers are representative of the actual number of members. With the H2 and H3's out now, I would like to know. I may ask

Does anybody know how many members they have? It it's a small amount, then perfect, I can understand why they don't have the resources to run a national Hummer club. I'm going to find out somehow first.

I'm not out to burn any bridges, but it seems to me they should be doing more to accomidate all of the members nationwide. Wouldn't you think?

Old 05-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

OK As of 2004, they had around 1500 Members. That's around $68k in memberhips revenue. One can assume 3 years later and with the introduction of the H3, that those numbers are alot higher. If that's the case, and it's non-profit, why isn't there more events taking place? I just feel a little bit duped I guess.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

I'm 49,704....

Old 05-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

somebody email them and ask them how many members they have..............

Quick Reply: The Hummer Club Inc. - Is anybody a member here?