PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HUMMER CAN NOT GET THE LOWER SHAFT FIXED

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Default HUMMER CAN NOT GET THE LOWER SHAFT FIXED

This is so ridiculous. On my last thread i wrote that the lower shaft problem seemed to have been finally fixed by Hummer. Allegedely, a new redesigned piece was placed instead. But now my vehcile, which has been having a serious lower shaft clunck on it since i bough it, has returned with a vengeance.It is even worst.[:@][:'(][:@][:@][:@][:@]
This damn cluncking noise in the car is just too much. Although i love the car I cant stand this noise. I reported that wtheproblem erupts when the wheather is hot and goes away when its cold.But im told that the problem has nothingto do with temperature. Then Why do i only hear the damn noise when its hot????
I have two more tries before i put. i haet to do this but, as i love the car, but what else can i do?
has anyone gone the step of having it supposedely fixed and the problem remains? hwt hav you done about this?

Old 10-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Default RE: HUMMER CAN NOT GET THE LOWER SHAFT FIXED

https://www.hummerforums.com/m_67824/tm.htm

Old 10-02-2007, 01:32 PM

I'm not sure which dealer you're going to, but I would make doubly sure they're using the new part. Almost everyone who had the original fix performed with the old lower shaft design reported almost immediately that the problem returned, and in many cases was far worse.
As far as I know, everyone (other than yourself) on this forum that has had the fix with the newly designed lower shaft has not had the problem return. I have had a few hot days since the fix, and no issue. Unfortunately, I had the fix just after the worst spell of hot weather here, so I'm still skeptical as to whether the problem is fixed for good. Guess I'll have to wait until next July/Aug and see what happens.
Whoever is telling you there's no correlation with the clunking and the temp is a complete moron. Did that person drive an H3 every day in the hottest summer temps? If not, how would they know whether temp is affecting the issue? The temp certainly doesn't CAUSE the problem, (blame a design flaw in the orig lower shaft)but itmost definitely exaggerates it.
If they DEFINITELY used the new part on your H3, then there's either another prob on yours altogether, or we're all in for an ongoing headache with this issue.
Let us know what you find out, but I would be suspicious that your dealer service put in the old piece of crap lower shaft.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Greenshirt, I agree. The dealer may have done the old "hail Marry" repair using a new, but old defective part, and preyed your problem went away. That is not the current correct repair. This was discussed in volumes in the prior post referrenced by Hummer Guy. Look in that prior post, mabey page 14 or so, I think Greenshirtput up the new part #. Look at your repair invoice and check the part number on it????

Wow what a memory, like an old azzed rusty metal trap.

The newpart # is 25900714- Shaft - Lower Steering

GM Bulletin #07-02-45-006

Old 10-02-2007, 02:47 PM

I don't have this problem, (YET) but I've just got to say that a lot you guys rock. Thistruly is a greatforum.

Y'all have helped so many people. It's great to see the look on the stealership guys face when you whip out the bulletin number...and part number for the issue you are having....

It alwaysblows them awaywhen someoneknows something about whats going on with their H3.....

Thanks ahead of time for the help.....

Old 10-02-2007, 10:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Heysdad

I don't have this problem, (YET) but I've just got to say that a lot you guys rock. Thistruly is a greatforum.

Y'all have helped so many people. It's great to see the look on the stealership guys face when you whip out the bulletin number...and part number for the issue you are having....

It alwaysblows them awaywhen someoneknows something about whats going on with their H3.....

Thanks ahead of time for the help.....
Yea...those Jerks!

Old 10-03-2007, 05:43 AM

i too have not had this problem

Old 10-03-2007, 08:28 AM

How hot has it been in Kansas since you bought the H3?
Chances are, you missed the most brutal of temps, which is when you really feel it.
Some who bought '06s last year at the end of the '06 production run, as well as those who bought'07sstarting last fall and through winter, didn't realize there was aproblem until June/July.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:31 AM

I got the new part number and it worked, if they don't fix it consult your lemon laws in your area and get them to give an '08.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:35 AM

Since this seemed to be a heat activated problem I thought I'd be one of the first to see it but I've had my fix for a few months now and it's still quiet and functioning properly. Sounds to me like the stuck an old part in there from the bin and called it the "fixed" part. Take it back and tell the nut jobs to fix it right or you'll lemon law the dang thing.

Quick Reply: HUMMER CAN NOT GET THE LOWER SHAFT FIXED