PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hummer brand may be discontinued!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Hummer brand may be discontinued!

Doubt AMG has any interest in buying it back. Wish that were the case as that would be the best alternate scenario.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:20 PM

anybody consider the idea of threatening to make suvs scarceto help boost sales? i know my old man heard about 'bye-bye hummer' and wants to gograb an H3T asap.

just thinking out loud...

and if this thread goes political, we need to consider more than just the bush administration.we could easily pin all of it on clinton for not nailing osama when we had him dead to rights.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:13 PM

ORIGINAL: dmb7280

anybody consider the idea of threatening to make suvs scarceto help boost sales? i know my old man heard about 'bye-bye hummer' and wants to gograb an H3T asap.

just thinking out loud...

and if this thread goes political, we need to consider more than just the bush administration.we could easily pin all of it on clinton for not nailing osama when we had him dead to rights.
Agree that we should try and leave politics out of it. I've always thought of this forum as a place where Hummer enthusiasts are brought together to enjoy each others company and exchange ideas, not bicker and argue over things like politics.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

Plenty of places to debate politics...besides most people are too firmly entrenched in their own beliefs to be convinced to change their minds anyway so everyone blows a lot of hot air and no one changes their mind anyway. Ijust feel sorry for the dumb ba$tard$ not smart enough to believe the same way I do.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:39 PM

Question:
If hummer does go out of business, would the value of our hummers increase due to availibility?

Old 06-03-2008, 08:43 PM

Funny I was thinking, wow a collectable so early in it's lifetime.
I wonder how cheap it will be to buy a second one?

Old 06-03-2008, 10:19 PM

We have a collectible and didn't even know it....hmmmm sounds like Social Security something else they will try to take away from us...IF that does happen we could all rally to GM in one big Hummer line.....now that would be a cool pic !

Old 06-03-2008, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator

Who knows on values. People gave away their muscle cars in the 70s. Look what happened to the values of those cars. And they are all gas guzzlers. No way to know. The lower production vehicles of course would have a better chance of value increases.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:28 AM

Nope, AM General never owned the H3 line and won't want it now. They still build the H2's with a lot of help from GM and they have already stopped building H1's.
"...In late 1999, AM General and General Motors Corporation finalized an agreement to jointly pursue product, marketing and distribution opportunities for HUMMER. Under the final agreement, GM acquired the exclusive ownership of the HUMMER brand name worldwide and the current HUMMER was renamed the HUMMER H1. Although GM acquired the HUMMER brand, they do not own any part of AM General." http://www.amgeneral.com/vehicles_hu...51cf47e42ceb4e
AM General is a privately owned company, meaning you CAN NOT buy it's stock, and they are perfectly happy building Army Trucks of every type and configuration. I think the only reason they did the H1 and H2 was to capitalize on some quick cash before selling the HUMMER name to GM.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:30 AM

I really feel sure they won't can it but would try to sell it as shown here.

"NEW YORK (Fortune) -- In opera, it isn't over until the fat lady sings. In the auto business, it isn't official until General Motors opens its mouth.
That day comes Tuesday in Wilmington, Delaware when embattled GM (GM, Fortune 500) chairman and CEO Rick Wagoner will explain to shareholders just how the automaker plans to survive the changes sweeping the industry. On Tuesday morning, Wagoner gave a hint of what's to come during a press conference preceding the start of the annual meeting: a big push into crossover cars, plans to close four GM plants and the possible sale of its Hummer sport utility vehicle division."

I just hope someone like Toyota doesn't buy it!!![:@]

Quick Reply: Hummer brand may be discontinued!