PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hub-Cnetric or Lug-Cnetric

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 07:25 AM
Default Hub-Cnetric or Lug-Cnetric

Can someone definitively tell me if the wheels on an H2 are lug-centric or hub-centric?

Thanks,
gpshemi

Old 12-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Hub-Cnetric or Lug-Cnetric

I'm a gonna say Lug Centric... since there are no real hubs on a 2....

BUT... for you.... I grabbed a definition....

Hub-Centricity vs. Lug-Centricity
Another important consideration in the proper selection of custom wheels is the concept of hub-centricity. This refers to a situation where the center bore hole of the wheel exactly matches the vehicle's hub diameter. In other words, if the vehicle's hub diameter is 56mm (e.g., Acura Integra), the wheel's center bore hole should be designed to match it perfectly.
Hub-centricity
When automobile manufacturers design a vehicle, they utilize hub-centric wheels so that:

[ul][*]The wheels are positioned very precisely on the car.[*]The possibility of shifting while being mounted is minimized. [/ul]
Lug-centricity
The alternative to a hub-centric wheel is known as lug-centric.

[ul][*]The wheels are located solely by the lug nuts rather than
the wheel hub.[*]As the lug nuts are tightened, they adjust the wheel's position relative to the hub, thus centering the wheel.[*]Properly torqued, the lug nuts continue to keep the wheel centered as the vehicle is driven. [/ul]
Lug-centric wheels require extra care in mounting on a vehicle. When using shouldered nuts instead of tapered nuts, take extra care to properly locate the wheel. Never use air tools to install high performance wheels! Always use a torque wrench and follow accepted tightening procedures

Old 12-07-2007, 06:56 AM
Default RE: Hub-Cnetric or Lug-Cnetric

No I'm prefectly aware of the differences in lug-centric versus hub-centric. Even though H2's don't have a hub in the normal sense of the word, they do have a machined flange on the axle. The question then remains, is a lug-centric wheel or hub-centric wheel. Does it fit tight enough to locate the wheel. Some aftermarkets I've read seem to indicate yes, but it's not spelled out any where.