PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Howdy, all.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Default Howdy, all.

Thanks to all here for the information already provided(even if it was unknowingly ). Been lurking here for 3-4 months trying to make up my mind on a new car purchase. Trying to decide on a new 4-door Wrangler, FJ Cruiser, Nissan Frontier, or Toyota Tacoma. Finally convinced the wife that the H3 is the way I need to go! Probably pull the trigger in the last week of March or first week of April, so have started calling internet offices of local(sort of) dealers to start comparing. So far I think I am shooting for a 5-speed, I5, adv. pkg.Not picky on color, just don't want black. Would love to find a late 2007, but don't know if any are left. Any purchasing advice would be welcome, as this will be my first brand new vehicle. What's a good price to shoot for? I can get a loan through my CU for 61/4%. What about GM financing? Again any advice would be welcome. Thanks in advance!
Chris

Old 02-25-2008, 08:45 PM
Default RE: Howdy, all.

I don't know what deals are out there right now, but welcome to the site.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:19 PM

Check with the local dealership, I received an email from my dealership today talking about GM Employee discount prices for everyone. Didn't check out the specifics because I'm obviously not in the market right now, but can't hurt to check.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:11 PM

First brand new car purchase? Make sure you buy all of the following from the dealer: extended warranty, paint protection, fabric protection, undercarriage sealant, security alarm, window tint, inilex tracking. Okay, maybe that's a DON'T get trapped into those things. The only add-on you might consider is gap insurance as most insurance pays the value of the car once it's off the lot and if you aren't putting a lot down you are upside-down on that loan for one to two years. Gap insurance is not a bad investment, IMO.

If you've been reading this forum you know to buy all of your accessories aftermarket, including OEM or Rocky Road rocker protection, roof rails, wheels, etc. Everything you add at the dealer you are financing, so a $700 add-on is about $42 is interest just the first year. Wait and put the stuff on as you can afford it.

6.25% isn't bad now, credit unions are usually pretty good.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:30 PM

Make sure you make a trip to http://kbb.com before you go to the dealer so you know what they paid for it. They also have a dealer advertising fee of about $1,000 built into the list price and it's really hard to deal them out of that. HUMMER dealers are hungry right now so don't give in until you get exactly what you want.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:54 PM

Good Luck and BUY A HUMMER!!!!

Old 02-25-2008, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator

Shop around if they don't have an 07. Dealers in Socal are still advertising big discounts on remaining 07s. On H2s they are giving 13K off. I think on the 3s its been around 8k off.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:47 PM

Thats part of the fun, seeking and finding that perfect rig, just for you.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:44 AM

For what its worth I owned a 06 Nissan Frontier and traded it in on an 06 H3, sold the H3 and bought a 07Toyota Tacoma cuz I really needed a truck bed. The Nissan andthe Tacoma are both great trucks but not a great as the H3 was.
I am now getting ready to get another Hummer, H3, H3T or entertaining getting an H2.

Anyhow,having owned the Tacoma and the Nissan get the Hummer.

Cheers
Davyo

Old 02-26-2008, 06:41 AM

The problem in my neighborhood is Hummers sell so fast that the dealer doesn’t need to “deal” at all. Of course no one ever pays “sticker” but he will show you the “dealer invoice”, that’s what he paid for the vehicle and that’s usually what you can purchase it for but don’t expect any “extras” to be added on the truck. I think this late in the year you’d be hard pressed to find a “new” 07.

The day I bought my 2008 H3 Alpha I test drove the truck for about 3 hours on a Saturday afternoon and by the time I returned they had sold 4 Hummers that were sitting on the showroom floor.

The only option I purchased from the dealer was the Roof Marker Lights because I wanted them installed by the dealer so they would be guaranteed.

I got 5.9% financing for 60 months from my credit union. Check the Hummer.com site to see what deals are being offered and your dealer might have something going on also.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Howdy, all.