PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How well does a child seat fit in the center back seats?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Default How well does a child seat fit in the center back seats?

I was all set to get a H3 and then I read about the child safety locks. With a new child on the way; I would hate to have something happen because of this. I figure if I place the child in the center rear seat; this should solve the problem.

How easy is it to place a child seat there; considering the cup holders are also there?

Also, what brand of child seats are you all using?

Thanks.

James

Old 06-16-2006, 05:59 PM
Default RE: How well does a child seat fit in the center back seats?

not sure if the H3 has more room than an H2, but the infant "bucket" car seat hit the back of the drivers seat in the bus. now that he's moved into a different seat, it fits fine. the newborn seats just need more room than the infant and toddler kinds. take one to the dealer and see how it fits, that way you'll know for sure.

personally, i think the child safety locks are overrated, i rolled out of my parents' station wagon, and i'm relatively abnormal. the new H3s will have them, so maybe you wanna wait a few months. or, better yet, buy an H2, they have safety locks for the back seats, and a 3rd row seat option with no doors beside it . . . . .

Old 06-16-2006, 09:44 PM

ORIGINAL: shortbus

and i'm relatively abnormal......
Root Beer-- out the nose..

I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh, but that just struck me funny...I hope you realy aren't maimed or mangled from the incident.

Old 06-16-2006, 09:51 PM

sorry, didn't mean for you to spritz the monitor on that one. i was small and flexible then. now i'm small and brittle . . . . . everything else that's wrong with me i blame on growing up 13 miles from Three Mile Island . . . . .

Old 06-17-2006, 01:48 AM

Easiest thing to do is just get your kids on amphetamines and strap them into the back storage area between the jack and extra Swampers.

Old 06-17-2006, 03:01 AM

ORIGINAL: bucsfan

I was all set to get a H3 and then I read about the child safety locks. With a new child on the way; I would hate to have something happen because of this. I figure if I place the child in the center rear seat; this should solve the problem.

How easy is it to place a child seat there; considering the cup holders are also there?

Also, what brand of child seats are you all using?

Thanks.

James

Seat fits well in the middle but I guess it depends on the car seat. I have an eddie baur (SP?) seat and I had to remove the seat base in order to make it fit securly in the H3. With the seat base on it was near impossible to remove all the side to side play of the car seat, once I removed it it was easy to secure tightly and hasn't needed any further tighening since. Only downside is that there is not room left in the back seat to COMFORTABLY sit an adult. My wife is small and she can fit back there but its a tight squeeze.

Old 06-17-2006, 02:36 PM

not sure if the H3 has more room than an H2, but the infant "bucket" car seat hit the back of the drivers seat in the bus. now that he's moved into a different seat, it fits fine. the newborn seats just need more room than the infant and toddler kinds. take one to the dealer and see how it fits, that way you'll know for sure.

personally, i think the child safety locks are overrated, i rolled out of my parents' station wagon, and i'm relatively abnormal. the new H3s will have them, so maybe you wanna wait a few months. or, better yet, buy an H2, they have safety locks for the back seats, and a 3rd row seat option with no doors beside it . . . . .

I agree that child safety locks are overrated, they are for parents that dont pay attention to the children

Old 06-17-2006, 05:58 PM

ORIGINAL: CruisinCarAudio

I agree that child safety locks are overrated, they are for parents that dont pay attention to the children

Well then if you truly believe that you are an idiot. How in gods name should a parent in the drivers seat supposed to keep a toddler from opening the door in the back...answer that? Don't compare the cars of today vs the cars we grew up in, the h3 rear doors ARE MUCH easier to open, lighter in weight and have the lock and the door handle right next to each other, unlike the old cars with the pull up door lock ***** in the back of the door. Some people just don't get it...amazing!

Old 06-17-2006, 08:56 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

Well then if you truly believe that you are an idiot. How in gods name should a parent in the drivers seat supposed to keep a toddler from opening the door in the back...answer that? Don't compare the cars of today vs the cars we grew up in, the h3 rear doors ARE MUCH easier to open, lighter in weight and have the lock and the door handle right next to each other, unlike the old cars with the pull up door lock ***** in the back of the door. Some people just don't get it...amazing!

Why is it that everyone that disagrees with you is an idiot?? I think we all got your opinion on this in another thread and yes we get it, but we don't all have to agree with it and franlky I am tired of you going on and on about this!!!! (and I am sure I am not the ony one either!) I take my brothers four kids around all the time in the H3 and they have never once tried to open the door while I was driving. Also if they have their seatbelts on like they should, if by some chance they do open the door, they are not going to fall out. My opinion on it is, if you're that worried about it, then don't cart your kids around in it.

Old 06-18-2006, 12:55 AM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

Another point is your child unlocks the door, and unbuckles himself, he isnt opening the door if you are anywhere over about 10mph, there is this little thing called wind pressure holding your door shut, while you are moving, i dought you are opening your door moving 30 mph, let alone a child that weighs 40 pounds, and any child over say about 4 will listen to you when you tell him "Dont unlock the door"

Quick Reply: How well does a child seat fit in the center back seats?