PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to remove bumper stickers.?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 06:12 AM
Default How to remove bumper stickers.?

I have a couple of bumper stickers and I would like to remove them completely. Removing a bumper sticker from vehicles can be a pain and if we are not careful it can cause serious damage to car paint. Wondering the easiest and a quick way to perform this task.

Thanks..

Old 11-19-2009, 11:37 AM

I work for a vinyl decal manufacturer and the cheapest way is denatured or isopropyl alcohol. Neither will harm paint, but will require some elbow grease. If you want to buy a cleaner I'd suggest rapid remover from rapidtac or vinyloff. Another option is Xylene which you can get at Homedepot but it only comes in a gallon can and is a harsh solvent.

Old 11-26-2009, 11:20 PM

how about that stuff that is yellow that takes glue off of anything, I forgot what it was called?

Old 11-27-2009, 03:50 PM

I used hair dryer warm up and pull slow it will come off

Old 12-18-2009, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by 2wheelmonster
how about that stuff that is yellow that takes glue off of anything, I forgot what it was called?
That would be Goo-Gone or Goof-Off. I believe they are kerosene based. Might leave a residue behind.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:27 AM
I've had good luck with 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner, P/N 08984, from NAPA. Apply along the top of the sticker using an eyedropper and slowly work the sticker loose. This stuff also removes all residue without affecting paint.

Old 12-26-2009, 04:44 AM
Default How to remove bumper stickers

What is the safest way to remove sap spots?? I tried the spray bug/tar remover no luck. Elbow grease also failed And just for a shot in the dark as all else failed I tried the clay bar with no results either Dont want to wax over it and only clay bared a small section as it didnt work?? Didnt know if the Kerosene remover would work havent tried it yet?? Any pro. detailer suggestions?? Thanks for the info/help.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:21 AM

I would suggest Xylene/Xylol. Use a little on a rag to soak the spot, then use a plastic scraper or your fingernail to get them loose.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:10 AM

your best bet is a heat gun or hair dryer... Get it nice and hot and pull it off with ease. If theres a little spot left over, shoot alittle WD-40 on it let it soat for a few seconds, get a microfiber or somethin to protect your paint and just get it off in circular motion with finger.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Default How to remove bumper stickers

3M makes some brilliant adheisive remover but dont get it on plastic Id take a heat gun or hair dryerI used this and heat it up so get it off. then use the 3M to remove the rest. Like I said it ruins plastic by adding white stuff, like someone took a white spray paint can to it.

Quick Reply: How to remove bumper stickers.?