PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How good is the H2 off road??

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Default How good is the H2 off road??

I just got my 06 H2 and love it so far. I used to take all my trucks off roading at Silver Lake Sand Dunes.

My question is, how well does the H2 perform? Is it good at climbing steep sand dunes? Any problems with an accasional launch off some of the hills?

Anything I should watch out for besides running over a few little Jeeps LOL

Old 11-27-2009, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Didn't run my H2 in the sand much so can't help you there but took my H2 through/over rocks, ledges, steep hills/declines, mud etc and it was among the best offroad off the showroom vehicles I have ever owned. Can't beat it for offroad capability and on road comfort. I have friends that crawl all over Moab with me in their H2s without any problem.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:47 AM

I have not had mine off road but it is the best vehicle I have ever driven in the snow.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:58 AM

I take mine to pismo in Ca about once a month. it does good out there. I have the supercharger so that helps get up the hills when its loose. dont open your sunroof in the sand I had a ton of sand shoot up and come raining in and its in the tracks of the sunroof. i keep it in 4hi locked and when its loose or im getting my trailer out of the dunes i use 4lo with the locker on.

Old 11-27-2009, 05:37 PM

We ran ours in some sand, it did very well.
Our H3 almost got stuck ... maybe too light?

Old 12-06-2009, 01:07 AM

hi i have now the hummer h2 with 6,2l engine. The car that i have before is Nissan Navara pic up, Suziki Grand vitara, Jeep Gerroke 2,4 , Toyota Land Crouizer 4,0l, Mercedes GL 420 CDI, and now the hummer. Antyl now the hummer is very good off road original 4x4 but not so good in the road. If i comper oll this car the mercedes is the best in the road but the Toyota Land Crouizer is the best of oll if why wont everything. The hummer is very good but they need to muth cas and is to havy. I test in the sand and is good, the mut with all teren tires is not so good. I wont to go in the snow .Sorry for my english is not good.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:18 PM

Overall it does very well offroad. I have driven over rocks, in the mud and between trees. Always great traction. The only thing to watch is the tires. If it is really muddy with steep inclines, you may need mud tires. I did not think of it a couple of weeks ago and went down a steep incline with a creek at the bottom. It had rained so much that the base around the creek was so muddy I could not get up the otherside or got back the way I came. I had to be winched out by the parks rescue patrol in a Jeep wrangler with mud tires! I was a little embarassed, but it was actually fun winching the car out. We had fun with it.

Having said that I have not looked at what is available in mud tires for our car and don't have a suggestion at this time. However, I am going to have to get some if it continues to rain/snow here in Illinois.

Scott