PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: How did you end up getting yours?
Ordered from the factory
20.00%
Took whatever the dealer had.could get right away
50.00%
Researched/waited and found the right combo
30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

How did you pick yours out?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 09:02 PM
JNR
Default How did you pick yours out?

I am getting kind of frustrated on the limited amount of colors and such available on these in California and not sure if it's limited to just here. I am (will be real soon) looking for an Alpha and it has to at least have the offroad package and sunroof and otherwise I don't really care which other options (almost prefer no others for cost). But, I'd be willing to look at others with more options (besides the nav, which is IMO way too much money). I don't really even care for chrome.

I really want to source a blue or that sonoma red metallic (alpha only color), but can't find any. There;s tons of (relatively) black, carbon and some white. Boulder Gray exists (may end up going with that one). I plan to take this offroad and don't want black or red is too loud day-to-day...

So, my question is:
did you order yours (is it even possible to do this right now)?
did you just go to the dealer and whatever they had there?
did you look around for a particular color/option combo?

Old 02-09-2009, 09:05 PM
JNR

Oh yeah, any suggestions on how to look for "the right one" beyond autotrader and hummerdealer.com (goes to dealers' website/inventory)?

Old 02-09-2009, 10:50 PM

Hi,

We found our H3 from the autotrader website. We bought the Boulder Grey because at that time, the dealer has only the other 2 colors which are Black and the White. But after a week of our purchase, they brought in 2 Desert Orange Metallic (and a bunch of blue and Red) and it does bummed me out a bit cause I would have taken the Desert Orange Metallic instead. Anyway, here in Washington I have seen the Sonoma Red Metallic Alpha in the hummer dealership and it looks just gorgeous...... and I hope you find what you want and let us know

Old 02-10-2009, 05:06 AM

For me I'd say it was a combo of B & C. I wanted the adventure package w/ automatic in graphite or carbon black, wasn't real concerned w/ the other options as most can be easily changed later. When I went to the dealer they had 6-8 on the lot but only 2 adventures, 1 black w/ auto & 1 red w/ manual so I decided I could live w/ black. 2 weeks later when I went to pick up my regular tag what do I see sitting in the space mine was parked in, yup a new adventure w/ auto in graphite, !@#$%^&*.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:02 AM

I was fine with anything the dealer had as long as it had the adventure package. The only two colors they had at the time with it were black and solar flare. Even though I knew the black would be a nightmare to keep clean I couldn't see myself in a solar flare vehicle. Only feature I would have wanted was the black steel wheels., but the @%$#%$ dealership orders zero like that. If I had know at the time the spare was a steel wheel I would have asked them to swap the spares on the others for my other 4.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:15 AM

Did everything via email, talked to the dealer thru email and had it ordered from factory just the way i wanted it. The only time i went to the dealership was to pick it up! Dark gray, no chrome, adventure package, body colored grill, automatic, I5. I did start all this approx 2-3 months prior to my H3 lease running out so that it would coincide with the new truck being built and delivered. Also, this was all before the trucks had even hit the dealerships. Do your homework, get what you want...the truck is amazing. It turns heads everyday. I haven't seen another one around southwest ohio since i got mine. I love pulling up beside another pick-up truck and just watch them stare and point it out to their passenger. You can tell, most people don't even these are out there!!!

Old 02-10-2009, 10:00 AM

I agree they do turn some heads. People ask me all the time what it is, or that they didn't know Hummer made a truck. Always see people staring which is a good feeling. Dealership told me I was only the 2nd one they had sold, still haven't seen another in the northeastern oklahoma. I know there is at least one in OKC since they are on this board.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:14 AM
JNR

Yeah, I wouldn't have known they made them, or how capable they are off-the-shelf (offroad package and lockers, 4:1, etc.), unless I just so happen to go by the dealer to price GMC Sierras (they had no 4x4's)...Then he told me they were available with a V8 and the other above-mentioned goodies and I was like damn. I thought they looked pretty rugged and I love the chop-top look. And yes, like how I haven't seen any yet. Course, sticker price is nuts, but they are dealing on them and gotta get in before the 0% ends!

Thanks for the replies...I will probably end up seeing what my dealer has (right now he has a Boulder Gray, but a lot of add-ons ($)) and may have him do a dealer swap. Only reason I'm sorta stuck with this one is that I've bought so many cars from them, I can avoid the BS and it's real close...

Old 02-11-2009, 10:47 AM

I got lucky. My dealer found a short term lease candidate to take over the last 7 months lease on my '05 Chev. Colorado (colly). Of course, then I had to pick from what was on the lot or walk for a while. Alpha was my primary criteria. He had only brought in two alphas. He had sold the black one, so I took the Grey one. Funny part is, the colly was the same color and I always liked it - cause I could get it pretty dirty before it really showed.

Last edited by Gunrunner; 02-11-2009 at 10:50 AM.