PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How can I disable seat belt bell?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Default RE: How can I disable seat belt bell?

I dare any of you seat belt haters to walk in the shoes of an emergency services provider and not change your song!
Like you, I didn't used to buckle up. It used to **** me off to be told what to do by the government. But then I became a fireman... Here's what I saw:
By choosing to be dumb and not buckle up you don't just affect you but everyone else on the road that may have to pay for your stupidity. Example: you're driving down the road, hit a road gator (road hazard) and it rips a hole in your tire. Your new H3 violently pulls hard to one side ripping the wheel out of your hand because you're driving and chatting on the phone. Basic physics takes over from here if you're not strapped down. You slide into the center counsel or hit the drivers door as your torso heads for the passenger seat. You're well on your way to a bad day just because you can't stay inyour seat and control your vehicle.

You're sitting at a red light minding your own business when some bonehead in a Toyota FJ Cruiser rams you from behind at 45 MPH. You...
1- Are thrownagainst your seat belt saving your chest from the steering wheel.
2- Bend the steering wheel with your chest and end up over the dash trying to push the windshield out with your head.
3- Get stuffed under the steering wheel and try to cram your 250 Lb frame under the dash.
4- None of the above because I'm way too tough to wear a seat belt OR get injured in a crash, I'm invincable!

I've seen it over and over again and still there are some who won't listen. You can't control your truck if you're bouncing around inside like a pinball. You can't control your truck if your head is sticking through the windshield. You can't keep your truck from hitting someone else after someone hits you if you're not strapped down!

Geeze...Sometimes I wonder why I even bother.

Sorry about the rant but look at motor vehicle crashes through my eyes and see where I've been for 23 years and you might understand.
It's not just a saying...Seatbelts not only save your life but others driving around you too!

Old 02-06-2008, 10:02 AM

ORIGINAL: sconnoll

ORIGINAL: bmbenear

If you can find something thin like a knife blade you can feel around inside the belt latch and push down on the latch inside much like clicking in the belt. you can then remove the blade. It willdisable the light and warninguntil you press on the red release button. You must hit the release button first if you decide to use the belt.
like above i took a small thin screwdriver and press down inside the latch...works every time...i dont like belts or bells either my choice...
Don't you have to do that every time you restart the car? I use my belts but I'd like to keep the red icon on the dash but defeat the bell.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:04 PM

Forget a screw driver or blade. I found that the H3 ignition key worked perfectly. No more bell sound. The key got stuck...but pressing the red release got the key loose. So it took a couple of trys before it all worked out.

Thanks to those who helped me realize the simplicity of the problem.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:57 PM

Why stop at seatbelts then? Let's pass some more laws!

1.) Fat people can't buy anything but diet food until they are no longer fat.

2.)Close down every bar and nightclub in the country. After all, you can't drink and drive.

3.)If you have a history of serious medical problems in your family, you are no longer allowed to reproduce.

4.)Outlaw smoking. It takes years off your life.

Are these good enough? Do you have any to add, or can we agree this is the U.S.A and we should all have the freedom to do what we want if it doesn't harm others. To say I have to wear a seatbelt just so you don't have to pull my dead body from the wreakage is stupid. If you have a problem with it, get a new job!

Old 02-06-2008, 11:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Black_Impala

To say I have to wear a seatbelt just so you don't have to pull my dead body from the wreakage is stupid. If you have a problem with it, get a new job!
That was a bit harsh. [sm=yikesomg.gif]

Old 02-07-2008, 10:15 AM

Harsh... Yeah.... But True.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:30 PM

Y'all just don't understand do you? It goes WAY deeper than personal choice, if you had an ounce of understanding then you'd know that. So I give up...

There's a bible verse that applies to this:
Matthew 7:6
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

If you're smart wear them. If you're not then good luck, you'll wish you had one on WHEN you crash. DUH!

Old 02-07-2008, 12:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Black_Impala

Why stop at seatbelts then? Let's pass some more laws!

1.) Fat people can't buy anything but diet food until they are no longer fat.

2.)Close down every bar and nightclub in the country. After all, you can't drink and drive.

3.)If you have a history of serious medical problems in your family, you are no longer allowed to reproduce.

4.)Outlaw smoking. It takes years off your life.

Are these good enough? Do you have any to add, or can we agree this is the U.S.A and we should all have the freedom to do what we want if it doesn't harm others. To say I have to wear a seatbelt just so you don't have to pull my dead body from the wreakage is stupid. If you have a problem with it, get a new job!
If you want to go with out your belt and go thru the windshield thats your right. but when you can't control you vehicle because you are as stated earlier slidding around in the seat or being thrown all around and your truck/car hits another and injures or kills a whole family that does not even know you then i think nearly everybody has a problem with it. if your family was killed by a drunk driver because he had a right to do what he wanted because this is the usa would that be ok with you???????guess we could just do away with that law too.i've had 2 family members killed by some stupid sob that thought he had that right to deside the fate of others. really pisses me off.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:57 PM

ORIGINAL: RealJeep

Y'all just don't understand do you? It goes WAY deeper than personal choice, if you had an ounce of understanding then you'd know that. So I give up...

There's a bible verse that applies to this:
Matthew 7:6
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

If you're smart wear them. If you're not then good luck, you'll wish you had one on WHEN you crash. DUH!
R.J.
i really do apreciate the job you and all firefighters do. keep up the hard work. as long as there are stupid people in this world you will always have a job.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:36 PM

ORIGINAL: IHNEVELS
If you want to go with out your belt and go thru the windshield thats your right. if your family was killed by a drunk driver because he had a right to do what he wanted.
No way! You're comparing apples to oranges. A person DOES NOT HAVE THE RIGHTTO DRIVE DRUNK, period! If someone chooses not to wear a seatbelt it affects no one but himself.

ORIGINAL: IHNEVELS
If you want to go with out your belt and go thru the windshield thats your right. but when you can't control you vehicle because you are as stated earlier slidding around in the seat or being thrown all around and your truck/car hits another and injures or kills a whole family that does not even know you then i think nearly everybody has a problem with it.
Well, now you're really reaching. A person could be buckled in and have a heart attack, a blowout or abunch of other things happen and lose control of his vehicle.

RJ says: Y'all just don't understand do you? It goes WAY deeper than personal choice, if you had an ounce of understanding then you'd know that. So I give up...

Well, I do understand. Like I posted earlier I just rolled my 8000# F350 4x4 and if I had been wearing my seatbelt I would have been killed! I'll gladly post the pictures of the mashed truck if you'd likeso you can see for yourself.When I show my friends the photos they cannot beleive that I'm alive.

But we got way off topic here and I'm just as [sm=guilty.gif]as everyone else. So I think this will be my final comment on this topic. I apoligize to geeggee for going so far off topic and not answering his question.

Gar

Quick Reply: How can I disable seat belt bell?