PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

HOUSTON TX ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Default HOUSTON TX ?'s

I am planning the purchase of an h3 in May... wanted to go forth sooner but credit and income problems have gotten in the way due to the economy.

I am scared that once i qualify to actually purchase a new hummer, the brand may be gone, or bought out thus changing the vehicle as well as warranty, etc.

I hear that there are no more loaners in my city, so im freaking out as Houston is the 4th largest in the nation. i may have to go all the way to sewell in Dallas to buy one by that time, if they even carry them.

would i still be able to pick up a CPO h3??

ive been in love with them since the first time i drove one. perfect to tow my jetski and dirtbike.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:50 AM

I wouldnt worry about warranty issues. GM will still honor the warranty just like the Oldsmobile badge.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:01 PM

If your still interested on buying a H3 go see Parish at Beck & Mason and he will hook ya up. GM is giving serious rebates on all H3's right now. Also, the H2 platform is going away not the H3, and if GM fails just remember the goverment will honor the warranties.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by burnowt

i may have to go all the way to sewell in Dallas to buy one by that time, if they even carry them.

would i still be able to pick up a CPO h3??

ive been in love with them since the first time i drove one. perfect to tow my jetski and dirtbike.

Right now warranty is fine, and actually backed by the U.S. Gov't (not sure if that should give you confidence or NOT!). Joking aside, it's not a bad deal. We'll know more about HUMMER in the next week or two, and what it will mean for owners or potential owners.

Not sure what a new company would do with the CPO program, since that is very GM oriented. Right now CPO sales may out-number new sales...or at least come close.

I hear Sewell in Dallas is pretty easy to work w/, too - may be worth the trip!

Old 04-23-2009, 10:39 PM

My last 3 vehicles were purchased out of state, all found on eBay. All within manufacturer warranty and saved 5K - $10K (better price than anywhere in Houston market), which included my transport cost. I'm surprised to hear about Beck & Masten cutting deals. My 2002 WS6 Trans Am, they wouldn't budge. I wasn't surprised I beat their price again on my 2007 H3, saving $10K buying out of state.

Don't be afraid to purchase from any place in U.S., especially when you have little to no mileage with factory warranty.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:49 AM

I just bought a H3T from Beck and Masten last week. Got the truck for approx $7500 off of MSRP. It was actually a fairly easy transaction, much easier than many cars/trucks I bought. They even were able to get me financed despite some issues on my credit.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by mjjust
I just bought a H3T from Beck and Masten last week. Got the truck for approx $7500 off of MSRP. It was actually a fairly easy transaction, much easier than many cars/trucks I bought. They even were able to get me financed despite some issues on my credit.
Lucky you, me w/ no credit could'nt get dealer finacing w/out a co signer (38yoa & I gota thank mommy & daddy for helping me get a car). I thought I was gonna have to dial 911 when the salesman came outside to verify my SS #. He said it was like I didn't exsist, Me= you say that like it's a bad thing but I guess not being in debt up to my eyballs is kinda weird these days.