PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horrible Factory Paint Job and Even Worse Customer Service at GM!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 06:13 AM

These vehicles, our HUMMERS, even though thought of as these rough off-road vehicles and we love to mud them up, should at the least come with a perfect paint job, after all we pay a good price. If we damage the paint after wards, well that's on us.
We can go wheeling one day, then have it prestine to take out to a fancy eating place the next, I think the paint should be that tough on our Hummers.

I'd love to get a group of CT guys together, go for some wings and talk shop. I'm looking to get an H3T as my next ride, so I'd like to talk to some owners about how well they like them ( of course I know of one unhappy person with a bad paint job)
There is an H3T at Karl with 10K miles on it and the adventure pack and leather w/sunroof.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:22 PM

I can completely understand why you are so upset. One thing you might want to think about is this. If you try/want to sue them for this one issue you may have is they offered to re-shoot the truck and you turned them down. I know you said repainted vehicles are worth less..however you have a new truck it isn't going to be listed on a carfax that it was repainted. In fact since it is begin done by the dealership under a warranty issue it isn't even technically considered a repair that has to be claimed by you if that is what you are worried about.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by BLACKH3T
I can completely understand why you are so upset. One thing you might want to think about is this. If you try/want to sue them for this one issue you may have is they offered to re-shoot the truck and you turned them down. I know you said repainted vehicles are worth less..however you have a new truck it isn't going to be listed on a carfax that it was repainted. In fact since it is begin done by the dealership under a warranty issue it isn't even technically considered a repair that has to be claimed by you if that is what you are worried about.

Yeah I am with this cat. They offered to fix the problem. So let them do it. You should have taken a better look at the H3 before delivery. However I also understand the excitement factor. I gotta tell you if you post about offroad adventures in the future I am going to have to give you hell about your paint job complaints lol

Old 09-09-2009, 07:46 PM

Can you post some pics? I understand you're upset, but YOU are the one that took delivery of the truck in that condition. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, but honestly, man, you're starting to sound a little whiny. Post up some pics so we can see what you are talking about. Not at all trying to pick a fight with you. I'm just calling it as I see it.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:50 PM

I dont blame you for being pissed. I read your posts and couldnt agree more. What does a veh. primarily made for off-roading have to do with a lousy paint job that was applied by a freakin robotic arm? While my H3 only stickered out at 38,100 i also had a major problem with it. At 660 miles the torque converter crapped out and there it was in the shop for 2 days. you better believe i was pissed. well i have put 5300 mile on it since the repairs and it is fine now, but this is why the big 3 have lost customers that arent coming back to them.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

Anybody that thinks any mfg makes a perfect car or has perfect paint from the factory is smoking something. Two of my Mercedes went back in for T/U paint as did one of my Corvettes. Getting paint t/u or a repaint does not lower the value of the car. From the sounds of it what do you have to lose letting the dealer do a re-spray? I have never seen a car get out of the factory looking as bad as you claim. If it looks that bad how did you not notice at least some of it before you drove off the lot? Unless I see pictures I am calling bull**** on this thread.

Old 09-10-2009, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by 3hummers
Unless I see pictures I am calling bull**** on this thread.
x2...

Old 09-11-2009, 02:09 AM

man i was in the local mercedes dealer yesterday..... there is absolutely no question on the quality there. i fully understand why some people buy an AMG over a lambo... i mean the bloody thing even had nightvision on it standard lol.

even in the middle of the 400k$ AMG's the guy was stoked and checkin out my H3 :P.

Hummer, like nothing else

Old 09-12-2009, 01:15 PM

perseption is reality! if you think GM makes an sub quality product then it does even though it may make the best product on the market. I used to work for a Toyota dealership and i have to tell you that they are just as bad a product as GM if not worse..... your porblem is in your demand that they give you a new truck if, it was you on the other end of the phone would you tell the other guy that you`d be happy to give him a brand new car or say we`ll fix it for you. And you are making comments about how they are going under (that would most definatly shut their doors).... if you bought a house and there was a leaky faucet and the paint was peeling would you demaned that the contractor build you a new house NO you`d have him fix it

Last edited by canuckZr2; 09-16-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:11 PM

I may have missed it somewhere in your posts but what color H3T do you have? I have a 2006 boulder gray H3 and in my opinion, the paint has held up real well over the past 3 years minus the chips from road debris and rocks being tossed by tractor trailers on the highway.

Quick Reply: Horrible Factory Paint Job and Even Worse Customer Service at GM!!!