PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hood vent came off-suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 08:16 AM

It should be replaced under the recall I would think. Do you still have the one that came off? Even if you don't, I think it would replaced. It may take an authorized Hummer repair facility to get it done. You can find OEM both original and GM approved chrome ones on Ebay.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:45 AM

Mine blew of in a car wash while being dried. I put it back on myself. Just went to auto parts store and got some of that export that you mix together then apply before it activates I put it on and around the little tabs and a few other places where it looked like the fake vent was touching. Been about three and a half years now with multiple trips to the car wanes and it does not budge. Only bummer part is I did it myself because I did not know about the recall till a week later otherwise I would have had GM do it.

Old 03-24-2014, 11:22 AM

Leave it off, fill the holes, and either paint or plastic spray the color of your choice. I painted mine.
Hood vent came off-suggestions?-20140322_172745.jpg

Old 03-25-2014, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by ollied
i have a new one $50
Black or chrome? I'll take it either way.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:49 AM

Thank you to all who responded! I don't have it as I was driving across country and it flew off at 70mph. I'll snag the one that Ollied posted about and have GM install it. The black junk that's under the vent that hold it in place is all that's left and it looks terrible. I'm ready to get this knocked out!

Old 03-25-2014, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by rascole
Leave it off, fill the holes, and either paint or plastic spray the color of your choice. I painted mine.
Attachment 7124
That really looks very good.
I never considered the plain cleaner look.
My louver was covered by warranty and glued down, but your truck
has now got me thinking.

Old 03-25-2014, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by JKAlpha
Thank you to all who responded! I don't have it as I was driving across country and it flew off at 70mph. I'll snag the one that Ollied posted about and have GM install it. The black junk that's under the vent that hold it in place is all that's left and it looks terrible. I'm ready to get this knocked out!
I am surprised that after the glue job (which was done under the recall) that it came off unless some of the tabs were broken beforehand. Good Luck

Old 03-25-2014, 01:23 PM

I think the fac clear coated ouer the glue ,mine was not stuck at all my adress is ollie Davis 101 park ave Mt. Airy Md. 21771 roxdragin@aol.com

Old 08-23-2014, 06:07 AM

Mine just came off last night in a car wash. How do I find a facility to do it under the recall? Just take it to a GMC dealership? My tabs are broke and there are big lines of glue across the hood under it.

Old 08-23-2014, 07:10 AM

ok gmc says it has already been replaced. So whatever they did to prevent it from flying off sucks because it flew off again.

Quick Reply: Hood vent came off-suggestions?