PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honest opinions: H3 vs. Chevy Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Default RE: Honest opinions: H3 vs. Chevy Silverado

Wow, thank you so much for all your responses.

To answer AZZ's question, I live in Florida, so I'm not too worried about traversing mountains. I also don't anticipate a real need for an open bed.

I am going to continue my research but hope to be able to make a decision soon. The one thing that has really stood out is how loyal Hummer owners are and how much they stick together. I appreciate all your input, and if I go the H3 route, I'll make sure to post some pictures.

Oh, and Sheriff, Go Gators!!

Old 12-02-2007, 09:00 PM

Traded in my H3 for a Silverado a few months back, love the V8 and the bed but miss tha H3. Wifes lease is up in a couple months and she said she wants a new Hummer, I think she meant a new H3 Alpha, I win either way. If you don't need the bed of a truck I would go with the H3.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:08 PM

Like you I too had the same thoughts but I jumped in and got the H3. I pull a 18 x 5 trailer loaded with lawn mowers and equipment and i don't even feel the load behind me. I do get a little sway but I still don't feel that. from a stop i don't notice any strain with the load. i would say trailer loaded weighs about 2500# i haven't had any diff. problems with the H3 that i haven't had with any other vehicle. I say go for it.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:21 AM

well,i have both.but i need both.my wife drives the hummer and i drive the silverado.i do drive the hummer every chance i get.its just a fun rig to drive.i am constantly picking stuff up in my truck,so i kinda need that,otherwise,i would proably have an h2 for me

Old 12-11-2007, 09:27 PM

This exact question was solved by one thing for me, a stick H3 is the coolest vehicle on the planet!!!!! I can't wait to pick mine up on saturday!!

Old 12-11-2007, 10:25 PM

Get the Hummer

Every time I see it I smile like the day I got it. That does not happen when someone buys a truck. I am going to drive this damn thing until the wheels fall off, then I am going to put new ones on and keep on driving and enjoy every damn minute of it.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:30 PM

well,i have both.but i need both.my wife drives the hummer and i drive the silverado.i do drive the hummer every chance i get.its just a fun rig to drive.i am constantly picking stuff up in my truck,so i kinda need that,otherwise,i would proably have an h2 for me.
Me too!
USA1

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j8...cture003-1.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j8...cture013-2.jpg

Old 12-11-2007, 11:16 PM

if you can wait a few months, get the H3T with a full size bed.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:30 AM

If you truly are an Outdoors Man and I am assuming you are towing a small fisihin boat i would get the H3. You may find yourself wanting to get in some remote wilderness spots you could not otherwise get to with the truck(depending on how you build it) The h3 will have no more problems than a new Silverado.

Old 12-12-2007, 05:19 PM

I also have both. The H3 that's in the pictures on this forum belongs to my wife now. I just got a 2008 GMC Z-71 4X4 SLT last week.

Like the others here that have done this.....The GMC truck is awesome, but it's not like the Hummer.The truck has everything and more as far as perks, butI really do miss my H3.

However, I'm really liking my truck also. What I miss the most is the way the H3 wouldU-turn almost in the gap of a city side street, and the "look a H3" you get when driving around. It does draw a lot of looks....

If you are going to tow a boat or something go with the truck. If not get a H3, and if you can afford it an Alpha. [sm=goodidea.gif]

Ours is a 3.5 I-5 and we have been lucky so far, and it runs great...But the 8 is the way to go if you can.

Good Luck....

Quick Reply: Honest opinions: H3 vs. Chevy Silverado