PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Homelink

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Default Homelink

I have an 06 Lux/Adventure and we don't have the homelink on the sunvisor. My wife really likes that, so I need to find one in the salvage yard. It would make my search easier to know if all lighted sunvisors had the homelink or if there was a seperation between sunvisors with lighted mirrors or if you could get the homelink without the lighted mirrors.

So, what I'm kinda asking is, does anyone have a lighted mirror sunvisor WITHOUT homelink?

It makes sense to me to have the lighted mirrors since power is ran there anyway for the homelink. Thanks for the help.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:12 PM

if you list with a junkyard parts company you will get calls from a number of them. you can describe your need. also pick their brain, they are helpful, they want business. some are brokers in the busimess and you can beat their price if you find the yard that actually has the part. I was quoted 1250$ for a door .
the yard that had it sold it for 750$,,,a bunch of $ but you get what you need.
free to list so,,,

Old 08-12-2013, 06:40 PM

There are a bunch of homelink modules on ebay for cheap. Maybe pull out your existing sunvisor and see if it can be opened up and retrofitted with the module. Otherwise you could install the module inside your center console.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by NJTEX
There are a bunch of homelink modules on ebay for cheap. Maybe pull out your existing sunvisor and see if it can be opened up and retrofitted with the module. Otherwise you could install the module inside your center console.
They can be found for around $50 at some salvage yards. In the listings though, they just indicate lighted mirror. The ones with lighted mirrors could be had much cheaper. So I was hoping that someone could tell me if they made a lighted mirrored sunvisor without homelink, that would help me out a lot... I've e-mailed a few salvage yards to determine whether or not their lighted mirror sunvisor has the homelink as well.

Old 08-15-2013, 04:33 PM

I have not been proven otherwise, so I have found that if the sun visor has the lights with the mirror, it will also have the homelink. I scored a pair for $50 shipped. Now to find the wiring diagram to get them hooked up...

Old 08-15-2013, 04:54 PM

And, so I can find this again later, the TSB 06-08-110-002A APR 06 covers the install.

Vehicles with luxury package (YC3) do not have Homelink and vanity mirrors in the sun visors.

In conjunction with a recent repricing of the Luxury Package on the H3 (option 1SC, YC3), the vanity mirrors and Homelink were deleted from this package for U.S. markets. They were also deleted from some sold orders. Customers in the U.S. were not charged for these features, however some were expecting them . Vehicles for the Canadian market are not affected by this change in content, yet some vehicles may have experienced a production shortage/error as a result of this change.

Procedure
Replace the standard sun visors with those that have Homelink and vanity mirrors.

Lower the headliner. Refer to Headliner Replacement in SI.
Locate the black wire (Circuit 2050) and orange (Circuit 1732) wire that feed the dome lamp, at the top of the right "A" pillar. With one of the connectors, P/N 12085481, splice an additional length of wire onto both wires of the connector supplied in the kit.
Route both connectors and wires to each mirror and then over to the right "A" pillar.
Tape the harness to the headliner to prevent rattles.
Splice the new harness from both the right and left mirrors into the black and orange wires at the top of the "A" pillar. Refer to Splicing Copper Wire Using Splice Clips and Splicing Copper Wire Using Splice Sleeves in SI.
Make sure that the wires are properly routed in order to prevent pinching.
Reinstall the headliner. Refer to Headliner Replacement in SI.
Parts Information
Part Number
Description

Need 2 connectors.

Old 08-16-2013, 05:49 PM

Also, incase anyone is interested in doing the same. There are apparantly 2 different colors of visors. Light gray if you have 19I RPO and tan if you have 27I RPO.

I ordered the wrong color, so will have a pair of tan lighted sunvisors for sale once I receive them.