PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hitch install today...Horrible service..Now eng light and other issues!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 09:02 AM

I noticed another problem. My auto headlights stay on all the time now, day or night. im going up there at lunch to talk with the owner...Check eng light still on also... Grrrrr.... Im so frustrated. Thanks again all for the input and advise...

Old 03-16-2012, 02:48 PM

Update: Delt with owner of shop. He pulled the 7 way out and apart and found that one of the wires were on the wrong pin....he called the kid over that did the install and chewed his butt for the wrong install and also let him have it for not checking his work with the test trailer lights they have to make sure everything is working correctly. He still is not sure how they blew the fuses but they double checked it all and its working properly.. Now on to the eng light... they assure me nothing they did has anything to do with the light. They checked the code on there handheld scanner and its showing that the emmisions canister purge control valve malfuntion.. they re-set the light but it comes right back. So off to the dealer I go.

Old 03-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Banned
Default the old shorted cable trick

when you look down and see the bundle,THATS where THE FACTORY MOUNTING CLIP IS THAT CAUSES THE CABLE TO SHORT TO THE FRAME!!.
discussed here last year. it would be a real coincidence that it shorted,as they were doing the job.

the fix,is to push up on the cable,and forward till it cliks loose.
leave it alone at that point. everyone should do that,RIGHT NOW!! preventive maintenance!!

Old 03-17-2012, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by drtom
when you look down and see the bundle,THATS where THE FACTORY MOUNTING CLIP IS THAT CAUSES THE CABLE TO SHORT TO THE FRAME!!.
discussed here last year. it would be a real coincidence that it shorted,as they were doing the job.

the fix,is to push up on the cable,and forward till it cliks loose.
leave it alone at that point. everyone should do that,RIGHT NOW!! preventive maintenance!!

Im sorry maybe Im slow this morning. Can you give me some more details. Look down where? Do you mean break it loose from the mounting?

Old 03-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Banned

you might just lay down,look up on drivers side. you see a cable that is clipped to the bumper/frame? in such a way it rubs and will wear thru. i just pushed up and forward till it unhooked and the binding ended. that was reported last yr on my o7. i got a 10 and did the same thing. they are all the same,and are a breakdown waiting to happen. a time bomb!!
look,maybe you wll take pix huh?

Old 03-17-2012, 06:46 PM
Banned

they assure me nothing they did has anything to do with the light. They checked the code on there handheld scanner and its showing that the emmisions canister purge control valve malfuntion..
look where that valve and wires are,then see if you believe them!!

usually the newest problem shows up at or near the last place some "x pert"did something

Last edited by drtom; 03-17-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Rampage
He still is not sure how they blew the fuses

Sounds to me like they had your battery connected while doing their custom splice job. They should have disconnected your battery.

Now on to the eng light... they assure me nothing they did has anything to do with the light.
I say BS. Make sure the dealership explains IN WRITING on the invoice WHAT caused the malfunction, and if it was related to their wiring. If it is, then I'd be back at the hitch owners place, and he'd be cutting me a check for the dealers invoice (that's why they have insurance) or he would be seeing me in court.

Nothing makes me more mad than incompetence!

Good luck man. Keep us posted.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:53 AM

thanks for all the input guys. I will let you know what happens