PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID headlights are in...WOW

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Default RE: HID headlights are in...WOW

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

Wow now you can see do not look in a mirror
You might scare yourself.[8D]

Last time I looked in my rear view mirror all I saw was your woman laying in my backseat....waiting for me[8D][8D][8D][8D]

Old 12-19-2006, 11:42 PM

Yeeeeeeeess!

Old 12-19-2006, 11:49 PM

That should get him going

Old 12-20-2006, 12:01 AM

They look awsome! Did you get them online? what brand are they. I want a set of those, I saw an H2 with them the other day.

Old 12-20-2006, 12:14 AM

I got them from ebay actually.

There are some downsides to them however.

1. You will not have ANY high beams. Click high beams and all lights will shut off. There are some h13 HID kits that have high beams but I have heard that they suck and the high beam relays mess everything up.

2. From what I was told the factory plugs for the h13 lights are not available aftermarket so none of the kits come with a plug on the ignitor end of the HID, this means you have to splice into the existing wiring going to the factory plug, makes it harder to swap the original lights back in come inspection time and will also void the warrenty should anything need to be replaced in the headlight wiring,housing...etc.

3. The guy I got the kit from said that many h13 have had problems fitting and most needed to be sanded down.....if your not steady handed and don't have a dremel...be ready for one hell of a hard time.

other than that I am happy with em, but I get flashed high beams from people all the time...I get pissed and flash them the highs back, only to have all my lights shut off cause I have no high beams

Might be time to re-aim the headlights, 2" t-bar lift and 35's may have raised teh lights a tad bit too much

Old 12-20-2006, 09:52 AM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

Last time I looked in my rear view mirror all I saw was your woman laying in my backseat....waiting for me[8D][8D][8D][8D]
I'M SURPRISE SHE FIT IN THE BACK SEAT

Old 12-20-2006, 10:33 AM

Man what a difference.

Old 12-21-2006, 08:18 AM

the bulbs,transformer and igniter was $140. Only problem I had was that the bulb was an h13 but wouldn't fit in the socket of the headlamp. I had to take a dremel and grind the plastic base of the light where it goes into the headlamp socket. 20 minute install ended up taking over 2 hours because of this, the notches matched the keyway in the headlamp housing but the outside diameter of the bulb base where the tabs are was just too damn big.... I should of sent them back but I am very impatiant
Import, I don't know about the State inspection Laws in NJ but here in PA, if your lights fail to work properly, you won't get a sticker and it will not be street legal anymore until fixed. Being you altered you headlight housing to fit the HID bulbs and now lost your HIGH beams.....you may not pass the inspection next time around?

Old 12-21-2006, 02:23 PM

I didn't alter the headlight housing, I sanded down the base of the HID bulb itself. I don't need to get it inspected until the year after my lease is up, if I still have it when that time comes it will take me all of 5 minutes to pop the stock bulbs in.

Old 12-21-2006, 08:48 PM

Is this her

[IMG]local://upfiles/889/0080FFF4C5184FB788543FD0D6E29C68.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: HID headlights are in...WOW