PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi Everyone! H3 in the works (or maybe H2)

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 10:03 AM
Smile Hi Everyone! H3 in the works (or maybe H2)

I haven't actually pulled the trigger on my H3 purchase, yet but hopefully it will happen soon and I can post some pics and fully contribute to this forum. I asked a question about this vehicle in a different and general automotive forum and they totally dogged me out!! So, I found this forum and I'm hoping you guys will assist in encouraging me to go ahead and buy one already. I test drove this and the only thing I could imagine would be any better is the H2 or the H1. I haven't test driven an H2, I'm afraid I will fall completely in love. I'm thinking the H3 might be more practical for me, but I want leather seats and I'm having a really hard time coming to terms with the leather option in the H3. Which, again, pushes me toward the H2 because I love those seats. Anyway I'm rambling on my introduction now and will stop before I get yelled at!

Old 01-18-2011, 10:26 AM

what are you needs for the Hummer? Leather is nice, and available on the H3 in the Lux package...

Old 01-18-2011, 10:43 AM

Hi dagkana! At this point, my needs are very shallow actually. In addition to performance and capability, I am very concerned with aesthetics. The thing about the leather seats that I don't like in the H3 is that off color grey trim on the black leather. For some reason, I just can't get past it. I know, it sounds over the top, right? I love the look of the cloth seats but so far it seems those lack the seat heaters that come along with their leather counterparts. I tend to like darker colors, although I saw one that I could maybe live with - white exterior; tan leather, black trim. I fear that having an interior that light though may not be conducive as I want to drive it every day.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

White leather is tough. Beautiful but impossible to keep looking nice. I have the leather in my H3 and so far have really liked it and it has held up well. I will say that the H2 is the most comfortable 4x4 to drive that has ever been introduced. The ride and drive is incredible for a truck with the size and capability that an H2 has. The H1 is my favorite but isn't as refined a ride as the H2 or H3.
Buy what you want. Your vehicle says a lot about you as a person. Don't let the other site that bagged you influence your decision. You are the one that is paying for it and driving it so you should get the vehicle that suits you best.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:39 PM

I had the Cashmere leather in my 06 and 08 H3's. I found a really good way to keep it looking good. I used regular leather cleaner/conditoner with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser pad. They both still looked like new each time I traded up. In my 10, I do have the Ebony leather with the gray piping. That color don't need as much attention. Do your research and this site is a great place to start. Good luck

Old 01-18-2011, 02:34 PM

Buy what is right for you. Personally I'd recommend the H2 but different strokes for different folks.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:35 PM

If I had the chance to do it again I would shoot for the H2, but my price range was a bit low and there were no good looking H2's close to me. Any hummer you get I am sure you will be satisfied. Welcome to the forum!!!