PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hi

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Default Hi

I just ordered a Gibson cat-back exhaust and a K&N intake. Anyone had any issues with installation or operation of these? I'm also trying to find (saw it on one on the road) a chrome door strip with the Hummer logo, anyone know where to find this. Obviously the H3 is good-looking as is, but I think the door panels are so tall that they need something to break them up, and that's the best thing I've seen. Most cars get pin-stripes for this, but who would disgrace this car with pins?!

Old 01-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Default RE: Hi

You mean that spear of metal about a third of the way up? about an inch tall?

Old 01-26-2009, 03:37 AM

I have a k&n intake.. works well although the heat shield that comes with it sucks and rattles like a mother Fer! Overall good buy.. adds a little umff! I've seen the chrome strip you speak of, I think one of the sponsors on the forum carry them. Chrome overkill if you ask me..

Old 01-26-2009, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

K&N Heat shield....?That thing is not gonna shield nothin.Should be called awarm air intake. Great filters though.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:26 AM

I did the chrome stripe on the doors of my 06. Hated it. Tried to dress it up with pinstriping. Pulled it off after about 2 weeks. I have a Magnaflow catback exhaust and an Airdoc CAI intake on my 08 and love them both.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

K&N Heat shield....? That thing is not gonna shield nothin. Should be called a warm air intake. Great filters though.

I know! I'm thinking about taking it out... It just rattles too damn much.. I've tightened and retightened the damn thing so many times... Would removing the shield change anything?

Old 01-26-2009, 09:11 PM

Those AIRDOCS are AWESOME!!!!

Old 02-06-2009, 12:06 AM

Did those that have had rattle problems with the K&N install the rubber surround for the heat shield? I'm not sure if the new exhaust drowns out any rattle, but I've not noticed anything from the intake.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:45 AM

I installed the rubber.. still rattles away! I still havent gotten around to removing the shield but I think i will... anyone use their k&n cai without the shield??