PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey all!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 01:57 AM
Default Hey all!

Hi everybody! Just thought I'd join this wonderful forum. I've been planning on buying an H3 for sometime now and I'm finally taking the plunge! Reading through these forums everyday has been a BIG help in finalizing my decision and I wanted to thank each and every one of ya'll for it! I can't wait to get my new H3!!

I did have one question though - I know many of ya'll would recommend getting both the Adventure and Lux packages. When speaking to the dealer, he said that if I was getting the Adv package simply for the 33"in wheels (as I'm sure I won't be doing any serious off-roading), I'm better off getting JUST the bigger tires rather than the added suspension package. He said that way I'd have a much smoother ride (as apparently the off-road suspension makes the handling a bit stiffer) and I'd be paying slightly less as well.

Just wanted to verify if this was true?

Old 07-14-2006, 02:11 AM
Default RE: Hey all!

I don't believe the adv. package has any suspension upgrades over the base model. the differece is gearing, locking rear diff, transfer case gearing and tire size. Suspension is the same I believe. I have the base model as do alot of others and they are running 35's with no lift.

Old 07-14-2006, 02:12 AM

oh yea.... WELCOME!!!!

Old 07-14-2006, 04:17 AM

Thanks importkiller! Oh I see. I'm guessing I won't really need the Adventure package then. Even though I'm not an off-road enthusiast (not yet, anyway), it's good to know that the Hummer Happenings at my dealer are structured to enable non-Adv packed H3s to tag along as well.

Old 07-14-2006, 09:31 AM

Welcome what color your going for.

Old 07-14-2006, 11:10 AM

It is my understanding that the suspension IS beefed up a little more on the Adventure package than the Base package with the 32" tires..This was one of my first concerns, as I wanted the stiffer suspension and looking at the option lists it is stated as such as well...Becuase you can get that suspension package extra with the Lux version and true, you do get the 33" tires too.

The option lists it as

ZM6---Off Road Suspension Pacackage (used with Base models and 1SC Lux Package) $925.00 MSRP

As far as I can tell, the rear diff Lockers and 4:1 transfer case is not included, like on the Adventure Package that has it ALL!

Old 07-14-2006, 11:27 AM

found this in an online car & driver article :

The off-road suspension package for our H3 included LT285/75R16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T tires, an electronic full-locking rear differential, recalibrated shocks, and, noteworthy in this class of vehicle, a four-to-one two-speed transfer case, all of which should make creeping down even the most daunting road of boulders at least feasible. Ground clearance, approach and departure angles, fording ability, and slope-climbing ratings are all at or near the top of the midsize SUV class.

So according to them it looks like the only thing different in the suspension is stiffer longer throw shocks, put 33's on a base and on an adventure and the ride height will be the exact same.

Most of the suspension parts I have looked at are the same on both, same part #'s on everything but the shocks.

Old 07-14-2006, 11:45 AM

Cool..Thanks for the clarification..

Smart ***

Old 07-14-2006, 12:15 PM

Thanks guys!!

Dilo, I'll be going for a Yellow H3 with almost all the hookups - chrome, lux, sunroof, etc... I was on a Yellow vs. Black debate for a VERY long time. Yellow won out for me in the end

Old 07-14-2006, 12:40 PM

good color choice

Don't mind Dennis, he's old and his memory is slipping.

Quick Reply: Hey all!