PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here is my 5'6" screen I installed.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator
Default Here is my 5'6" screen I installed.

$39.95 from eBay. There is no source connected yet. I'm working on that.

(The Check Engine light is on because of the loaner PCM that is installed)

Old 10-13-2006, 06:06 AM
Default RE: Here is my 5'6" screen I installed.

Very Sharp!!

You should hook up a backup camera to it!!!

Old 10-13-2006, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks!

I was thinking about that, but I'm so good at backing up from doing it twice a day into a tiny parking spot, I honestly don't need one. It would be more of a novelty thing then anything.

Old 10-13-2006, 02:45 PM

careful of local laws!! Here in NJ any screen (except stock location radio) visable to the driver is illegal!!

Old 10-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

I already thought of that one. The power switch I installed is right by my knee, and I can reach it in a second. It has a little LED on it so I can see it and power it on and off in a heartbeat. My other idea, is IF it's caught on, I'll just say it's a GPS and have a DVD of some prerecorded GPS video from my laptop, and switch to that, and say "Oh my GPS is frozen, I can't get it to work"

If I get a ticket, oh well. It's not as serious as speeding or wreckless driving I would hope. I'm not going to be driving it much and watching it. IT's only for really SLOW traffic, and I always keep my eyes open!

Old 10-13-2006, 03:51 PM

I got one onceand got hit with a wreckless driving ticket, the cop considered watching a tv screen while driving wreckless.

Old 10-13-2006, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Well, I guess I could understand it, but I don't think it should be considered wreckless. It wasn't like you were playing bumper cars with people. I guess it's just a matter of personal opinion (or jeolousy)

Yes it's a disctraction when you aren't directly looking at the road, but look where I put mine. I mean you have to have tunnel vision to not be able to see the road. If you are sitting there staring it at the entire time, then yeah you have a problem ;-) but if you just glance every so often, it's just like looking into your rear view mirror. That's not considered a distraction though.

Old 10-13-2006, 04:01 PM

and your gonna talk commen sence to a cop?!?! Remember 90% of the cops out there today are the same idiots in high school that spelled gym with a J

Old 10-13-2006, 04:57 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

and your gonna talk commen sence to a cop?!?! Remember 90% of the cops out there today are the same idiots in high school that spelled gym with a J
Name:  giggle.gif
Views: 36
Size:  1.8 KB

Old 10-13-2006, 06:08 PM

I watched...[sm=oopssign.gif] I mean a friend of mine watched a movie on a long boring drive a couple of weeks ago and it really wasn't very safe. I would...damn..I mean my friend would see a car ahead of him and then pretty soon he would look again and the car was way behind him....didn't even realize he passed him.... [sm=yikesomg.gif]

Glad we have some LONG straight roads out here!

Quick Reply: Here is my 5'6" screen I installed.