PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with RapTorq!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 02:35 AM
Sam
Default Help with RapTorq!

So I went to install my Raptorq PCM and intake tonight. Out of habit, I unhooked the negative ground of the battery, and proceeded to install the new PCM. As soon as I start the truck, the check engine light pops on, and the security light comes on. The instructions state that either of these occur in "rare instances". They explain the procedure to reset the Vehicle anti theft system, except my car starts, the instructions state that the truck may not start.....
So I follow the "turn key to run for 10 minutes, then remove for three seconds" procedure that was provided, to no avail. I still have the service security system light, check engine, and change oil soon. The instructions state the crank position sensor may need a relearn as well.... What the hell? I tried to go for a spin around the block, and under light throttle the truck ran fine, but over 3/4 throttle, it pinged like crazy. I'll try to get the crank sensor reset tomorrow, but this seems like more trouble than its worth.
Anyone with an '08 tried this thing yet?

Old 06-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Sam
Default RE: Help with RapTorq!

Follow up- Got up early this morning, did the re-learn for the anti theft system, and got that light to go out. I still have the check engine light, hopefully I can get someone to do the crankshaft position relearn procedurementioned in the PCM instructions. I honestly think it is a shame to ask someone to spend $400 on your product, then tell them they need to visit a dealer and spend another $100 to make their product work........ I thenattempted to install the intake tube and filter assembly, and it appears that the metal heat shield is not formed properly to allow the provided brackets to align properly. Since there were no instructions, I was reluctant to force/bend anything. All in all, I'm not impressed with Predator Motorsports at the moment.

Old 06-21-2008, 02:05 PM

Crap Sam!! That SUCKS!!

Good Luck!!

Old 06-23-2008, 01:02 AM
Sam

I installed the air intake on Saturday, after some trial and error. They seem to have added a few extra parts to accomidate the 08's. The PCM came back out today, I'll be returning it on Monday. I know the truck is supposed to run on 87-89 octane, with 91 the preferred choice. I asked the sales rep when I ordered the PCM if it would work fine on lower octanes, and he said "definately, you just may not get all 40 extra hp". Well, I had about half a tank of 89 in the truck when the PCM was installed, and it appears that was the cause of the severe ping and knock. I topped off this morning with some Chevron 91, and the knock went away, but the part throttle surging was still there.
I think I'll go with the Diablosport Predator, and mess with some of the tunes the Escalade guys are running. I'll at least have the option of going stock for warranty visits.
I guess I should have posted about a brush guard instead, lol.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:22 AM

Yeah, shorty talked me OUT of the Raptorq for similar reasons.

I have the Hypertech Max Energy! Still haven't tried it yet!!![:@]

Old 06-23-2008, 04:02 AM

I went with the HyperPac tuner. Gonna get some real readings before changing anything under the hood. Then we'll see how much the performance parts really live up to the hype. I liked the Hyperpac because of the built in dyno. it should be here tomorrow !
(Err I guess thats later today now)

Old 03-04-2009, 10:20 AM

I know this is a pretty old post, but any update on your HyperPac install? I was considering the MaxEnergy, but I like the fact that they HyperPac has all the diagnostics and statistics. I have a 2007 H2 and it doesn't show the HyperPac for that year though. Do they work? Also, is it downloadable like the MaxEnergy, from my PC?

Old 10-29-2009, 08:12 PM
Default Power Tuner

Any one familiar with this Granatelli/Diablo Sport Predator tuner? Here is one listed on ebay I'm considering. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
It also has diagnostics tools which I want in a tuner. After reading this thread i'm glad I didn't go with the Raptorq just doesn't have what I'm looking for. Hummbob you need to install that and put up some results. I need more info on tuners, Diable Predators look good but they don't seem to have the diagnostics portion available. More input guys, thanks.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:53 AM

I have never been a big fan of tunning out of a box so to speak. Each car is slightly different, and having a tuner guess what the correct air/fuel mixture, etc. is from a distance does not always turn out right.

Luckily for me, Lynch Hummer in St. Louis offers dyno tunning if you have added aftermarket parts. I took advantage of that and the H2 is quite responsive with a breathless CAI and and exhaust after the tune. I even saw about a 5% (hard to measure) increase in fuel economy.

You might want to see if there is a tuner near you so they can get the car on the dyno and do a diagnostic read while tunning.

Scott

Old 10-30-2009, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by HummerGerhardt
I have never been a big fan of tunning out of a box so to speak. Each car is slightly different, and having a tuner guess what the correct air/fuel mixture, etc. is from a distance does not always turn out right.

Luckily for me, Lynch Hummer in St. Louis offers dyno tunning if you have added aftermarket parts. I took advantage of that and the H2 is quite responsive with a breathless CAI and and exhaust after the tune. I even saw about a 5% (hard to measure) increase in fuel economy.

You might want to see if there is a tuner near you so they can get the car on the dyno and do a diagnostic read while tunning.

Scott
Yes you are so right that is the best way to go. I don't have any shops around my area so far that I could find to do this (with 4 wheel drive dyno). Am I correct that if I get any tuner box that comes pre tuned and end user adjustments I could always use the custom tune for now and then when I find a shop with dyno for my H2 have then make my own custom tune? Will the GMS Tuner do that http://truck.hownd.com/product-1304-...-h2-tuner.html its a matter of timing, fuel, and air adjustments correct?

Last edited by TUNTAKIT; 10-30-2009 at 10:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Help with RapTorq!