PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with P0201 P0301 Trouble Codes

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 02:37 PM
Default Help with P0201 P0301 Trouble Codes

I have a 2007 H3 and have been getting P0201 and P0301 code together with it running like the piston isn't firing. I've done a number of repairs and checks already and thought I had it fixed but it just started running rough again and got these codes. I started with checking the coil by switching the #1 and #2 and still pulled the same code. I replaced the plugs and it still ran rough and threw the codes. I switched disconnect the wire from #1 and #2 and it didn't throw the code, but did show a MAF sensor. I cleaned the MAF and it ran fine so I replaced it. After about a week it did the same thing so I checked the fuel injector and the #1 appeared bad as it was dry. I replaced it and once again cleared the codes. It ran great for 2 weeks then today started running rough again. I'm not sure if it's related but it seems to also say the Traction Control System Stablizer Disabled (something like that) when it starts to run rough.

At this point I feel I need to take it in to have someone with more experience and diagnosis skills, but thought I would ask here before I spend a lot of money at a mechanics shop. Thoughts?

Old 05-01-2019, 03:49 PM

I've purchased an OBD reader for checking and clearing some codes. If you have misfire just don't search but change the ignition coil of that cylinder and the spark.
Hade the same at cylinder 3, after changing it's ignition coil all was fine again. I changed all the sparks that day to have new ones all around.

Old 05-01-2019, 03:53 PM

I have a OCD and cleared the codes after changing everything... if I'm understanding you correctly. Are you saying put in a new ignition coil? I swapped the #1 and #1 ignition coil and did not get the misfire in #2 which would of happened if it was the coil.

Old 05-01-2019, 04:00 PM

Yes correct, i swapped the 3 with 5 just to test it and misfire still left on 5th cylinder. So i changed just that ignition coil and replaced all 5 sparks. Wanted to be sure that all sparks stared new. Since then no trouble code and no misfire. If it happen again i will simply change all 5 ignition coils and sparks, to be new at all 5 cyl.

Old 05-01-2019, 04:03 PM

Thanks... I've changed the plugs and the initial test didn't reveal the problem with the ignition coil, but I'll swap it again just to see. The only thing left for me to check is the wiring at this point.

Old 05-01-2019, 04:06 PM

Did you check the injectiors ? If they're wet, giving gaz, just change the ignition coil

Old 05-01-2019, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Patrick D
Thanks... I've changed the plugs and the initial test didn't reveal the problem with the ignition coil, but I'll swap it again just to see. The only thing left for me to check is the wiring at this point.
ok your post was faster

Old 05-01-2019, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by H3Luxembourg
Did you check the injectiors ? If they're wet, giving gaz, just change the ignition coil
I checked the injectors and the first one was dry. I replaced it and ran great for 2 weeks.

Old 05-01-2019, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Patrick D
I checked the injectors and the first one was dry. I replaced it and ran great for 2 weeks.
I should add it ran great for two weeks then had the same issue.

Old 05-01-2019, 04:18 PM

ok so maybe the wiring?

Quick Reply: Help with P0201 P0301 Trouble Codes