PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Need your feedback!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Exclamation Help! Need your feedback!

Hi Guys,

I am due to sign on the dotted line at noon today for a 2006 H3 with 44K. The dealership was nice enough to let me borrow it for the night and upon reaching my house the check engine light had came on. Having a scanner on hand I hooked it up and found that it had a PO305 code

At the time I thought it was nothing, maybe something from sitting on the lot for a while? So I cleared it with my code reader and it has not come on since. It did bother me that it came on in the first place, so I did some research via this forum. I must say that after reading some stories I am starting to get nervous twitches! I have been reading about bad heads denoted by this code!?

I love the truck, but can't really afford to get myself into something with major problems. I had a Landrover Discovery that was in the shop every week, and Ii am not going down that path again! So, if anyone could provide feedback to this I would GREATLY appreciate it! Should I walk away and find a different one? Thanks in advance!

Old 01-08-2010, 10:13 AM

Tell the dealership that the code came up, and you want a complete diagnosis run on the truck... does it have any warranty left? The head issue is noted by GM and almost all the time they go ahead and fix it, even add onto your warranty for no charge, don't jump the gun... give us some more details on the H3... base, adventure, lux, adv & lux? etc? options? etc? how good is the price?

Old 01-08-2010, 12:16 PM

The 2006 H3 I am looking at is the base model. It is in very good condition, only 1 small door ding and a several small scratches that I have seen anyway. The truck has 43K on it and I am not sure of its history. I am buying it from a local small car dealership so likely it was an auction purchase.

The Truck does drive fine but I do seem to recall a little skipping under power. Nothing major by any means. The factory warranty is expired so I am getting an aftermarket one that is 2 years or 24K miles. It covers everything... supposedly. Not sure if I am 100% confident as I am not sure how those aftermarket ones are. Have heard some horror stories about loopholes in coverage.

I did eye up a 2007 H3 somewhere else but it would be a haul to go see. Debating whether or not to make the trip. It is a year newer but think the head problem ocurrs on the 2007 models too?

Old 01-08-2010, 12:34 PM

I guess it depends on how bad you need a new vehicle. I agree with Dagkana about not jumping the gun. Might pay off to have a bit of patience.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Black1

I did eye up a 2007 H3 somewhere else but it would be a haul to go see. Debating whether or not to make the trip. It is a year newer but think the head problem ocurrs on the 2007 models too?
If I could do things all over again, I would buy the 2007, just for the fact that they come with a longer power train warrrany. My 06 came with 80,000k warranty and my dealer has told me that the 07 comes with 130,000 km warranty.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:07 PM

Yeah without more info I'm not too sure I'd buy from them... I bought my 06 with 16k on the clock last yeah and paid 1500 more than the mileage... I know I got a great deal and couldnt be happier, but I bought mine at a dealership who got it from another dealer... Had a whistle clean history and was in mint condition...

Old 01-09-2010, 10:42 AM

Keep in mind the 2007 has the newer and bigger engine with more torque/HP.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:37 AM

I just bought a 2006 with 30k. I got it home and the next day I had issues with the TPS and seat heaters. I brought it to a local GM dealer and they fixed everything for free, told me I have til the end of march and then my Manufacturer Warranty runs out. They said I have to get to 50K or the end of march. I would ask when it ran out. You might have a little time left. If not just bring it back and tell them the light kinda makes u shakey and look for another one. If they want to make the sale they will fix the problem or come down on the price.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:50 PM

Good lord I would not buy it. I guess I'm just upset about the MANY problems I've had with my h3.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:30 AM

bluebow what problems have you had? You keep mentioning them but never tell us...

Quick Reply: Help! Need your feedback!